Page 5 of 258 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Car Thread :: Vol 2 :: Now with More Bikes!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    It may be heavier but it isn't even forced induction. It shouldn't be too hard to see 300+hp G6es out there with plenty of torque to back it up.
    A little surprised it doesn't have more power to start with, just because the G6 GT is already at 240. 252 is certainly respectable, though.
    Like it or not the design is hella more interesting than most of what Pontiac has put out in a while.
    The Solstice is pretty hot, and I like the standard G6 coupe's body.
    Too bad they ditched the GTO so soon too it could have been a real player in the Muscle car game.
    GTO was always meant to be a 3-year run in the US. The model is discontinued worldwide to make way for the new GM RWD platform.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    It may be heavier but it isn't even forced induction. It shouldn't be too hard to see 300+hp G6es out there with plenty of torque to back it up. Like it or not the design is hella more interesting than most of what Pontiac has put out in a while. Too bad they ditched the GTO so soon too it could have been a real player in the Muscle car game.
    FWD makes the power moot. It won't be able to do anything with it, it's lame. It's ok to admit this is a posuer car, you don't have to defend every American car.

3. Its fugly, but just because its FWD don't disregard it.

Carol Shelby aways said his 1989 CSX (based of the FWD Dodge Shadow) was the best handling car he ever built.

4. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    FWD makes the power moot. It won't be able to do anything with it, it's lame. It's ok to admit this is a posuer car, you don't have to defend every American car.
    I don't defend every American car, I won't lift a finger for the Vibe or the new Avenger/Sebring horrors. There are even times when I don't feel like waving the flag for the Lincoln truck, but then I chuckle at the idea of a living room that can tow a boat.

Yes it is FWD which I think should be called "wrong wheel drive" but so are a lot of performance machines, Civic Si's, Preludes (IIRC), Celicas, Speed3s to name a few so it's not such a huge deal just don't haul ass when you need to turn.

I just don't actually think it's a poser car. I think the Si and to a lesser extent the Sentra Spec-V are poser cars because they're relatively weak yet labeled performance cars. And so I don't appear biased against all imports, I like the 300ZX and the 350Z as well as the STi and the Evo.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    I think the Si and to a lesser extent the Sentra Spec-V are poser cars because they're relatively weak yet labeled performance cars. And so I don't appear biased against all imports, I like the 300ZX and the 350Z as well as the STi and the Evo.
    The SI isn't. its a little sportier than the stock one.

The Poseur Civic is the "Mugen" edition.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/a...1&d=1188010151

Not a damn thing done to the engine, brakes or tranmission. Its a wheel and body kit package.

Honda-tuner MUGEN has unveiled its revamped 2007 Honda Civic Si sedan. Upgrades include a "high performance suspension, forged aluminum wheels, aerodynamic body styling and a sport exhaust system."
    All for the low, low price of.....get this....no I am not kidding..... $30,000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-2007-honda-civic-mugen-si.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	26357  

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Its fugly, but just because its FWD don't disregard it.
    It's FWD, heavy, and not especially cheap.

The Civc Si is underpowered but it's also only around $21k. The Mazdaspeed 3 is lighter, more attractive, more powerful, and only $23k. The WRX is lighter, AWD, and at least vaguely more attractive for only $25k. Mustang GTs are RWD with 300HP V8s and start at just under $26k. They're way more attractive.

$26k for a heavy, FWD car is a lot to ask. It's got decent power, but with the weight it won't be much quicker than even a Civic Si, and significantly slower than the other cars I mentioned. Certainly less attractive.

(P.S. I should've mentioned that the SRT-4 was only $22k and was much faster than this G6 will be. I would've bought an SRT-4 if I was buying a car in 2005.)
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 24 Aug 2007 at 11:39 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    It's FWD, heavy, and not especially cheap.
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending that turd, just FWD. Like anything, it has its advantages, and disadvantages. The SRT-4 is a great example too. When they added the LSD in '05 the car really entered into its own.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending that turd, just FWD. Like anything, it has its advantages, and disadvantages. The SRT-4 is a great example too. When they added the LSD in '05 the car really entered into its own.
    Ah, well I don't write off cars for being FWD, especially if they're cheap and light. I would just expect more from a $26k base price performance model.

(Subsequently, LOL Acuras.)

9. a brochure of the Evo X that came out about a week ago.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image07.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	26368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image08.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	26369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image09.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	26370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image11.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	26371  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image27.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	26372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image28.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	26373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image29.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	26374  
    Last edited by Klonoa; 25 Aug 2007 at 06:26 AM.

10. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    there were a lot of people sporting the JDM asian girlfriend mod in the passenger seat.
    Well played.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion