Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slippy the Sperm Whale

Slippy the Sperm Whale

Last year I came up with the dumbest comic concept ever. Sometimes I laugh at really really stupid shit, like Zip y Pokey, and this was to be my vehicle for that stupidity.

Here's the original concept sketch (photographed):

And here is my brother's (mostly) raw art for the first strip, frankensteined together in photoshop with help from some TNL'ers. I may move the eye down to where a sperm whale's eye should be.

Slippy the Sperm Whale and Stinky the Clam!
    Before I finish up the strip and add in the text bubbles, write your own text!

I've got like 20 of these scripted so far...it's so dumb. I can't wait.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Complete comic 5.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	26341  
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 24 Aug 2007 at 02:48 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Also I need font recommendations. I don't want to use comic sans...I really really don't.
    Slippy is a simple idiot, font should reflect as such, like a child or whatever, but since he's the main character it should be normalish and fairly readable.
    Stinky is an obnoxious female, font should reflect as such. I've got one picked out already, Jokerman, but I'll accept recommendations.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

3. You should see if Robobo will let you put the comics up on there as season 2, no one will be able to tell the different.

Nay sir, robobo is trash. Slippy is actually funny...in a zip y pokey way. Speaking of Zip y Pokey, someone needs to fucking find those comics and attatch them to tnl.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 24 Aug 2007 at 11:36 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Cow told me a bit about this comic and the concept is already twenty times better than Robobo.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. This comic is full of inuendos. I mean c'mon, a sperm whale and a clam...

It would be hilarious if you had a bearded clam in the comic strip, I think it could take it to another level...

The Next Level... Ohhhhhhhhh!

ok, that was cheesy, but it wasn't intentional - honest
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

there is all sorts of shit like that that will be going on.

I'm waiting for the first 10 strips to be complete, then I'll post them all up here.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. wheres my credit as your photoshop mentor?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    wheres my credit as your photoshop mentor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post

And here is my brother's (mostly) raw art for the first strip, frankensteined together in photoshop with help from some TNL'ers.
    Also had help from Advocate and Josh, and my RL friend Jon.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

10. lol I can't wait to see where this goes. If I wasn't drunk I'd attempt a caption.