Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6891011 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a New Wristwatch

Not here to troll. Are watches anything other than a fashion accessory at this point?

2. I suppose that all depends on your line of work and if you don't automatically pull out your phone to check the time.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not here to troll. Are watches anything other than a fashion accessory at this point?
    Not really. It's a few seconds faster to check the watch then pull out the phone but that's not worth the money.

Fair enough. I'd imagine if you're dropping a grip on a watch you're not working somewhere where it would not behove you to break out the phone to check the time.

I don't think I could function at work without my watch, I need to keep an eye on the time constantly and pulling out the cell every 15 minutes would hamper efficiency. It's not jewelry though, just a good $40 Timex.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. Can't wear a watch. It'd get Foul at work.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. It's mostly fashion accessory for me.

I like the Daniel Wellington, Diff. Very British feeling. The Bulova is cool, but a little busy. I like simplicity lately. On that note, I saved myself $1200+ and ordered one of those Timex watches that looks like a school clock. $30!

I've still got my eye on that mirror-faced Movado, though. Not sure I can resist forever...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    My lovely silver Storm of London watch that looked like some contraption out of MYST finally broke a few weeks ago when I dropped it. Lasted like 14 years! I could probably have it fixed, but I'm ready for a change.

I scoffed at Movados earlier in the thread, but I'm kind of feeling their elegant simplicity lately. First three are like $4-500 range. Last one (my favorite) is $1300-ish...

That third one is pretty cool. I always like designs with stars/open space.

This thread has made me think about buying a watch. I usually use my phone for time/date and I don't have a ton of money to drop. That link somebody posted a couple of pages back with the Japanese LED watches left me pretty impressed. I'm a real sucker for sci-fi type stuff.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I need them for work and with a second hand. Digital watches are useless.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I've still got my eye on that mirror-faced Movado, though. Not sure I can resist forever...
    Or more than a couple days.