Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a New Wristwatch

1. Looking for a New Wristwatch

After 8 years my trusty Timex Expedition watch is ready for retirement (the dial broke off last night when I banged my arm into a chair). Anyone have a nice casual watch in the $50-$200 range that they recommend? I'm looking for something durable and accurate; extra features are cool but not as important.
    Last edited by SpoDaddy; 24 Aug 2007 at 07:21 PM.

2. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MaoWatch.gif 
Views:	987 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	26352  

3. I think the easiest and best route to take is to go to a store. Tell them to show you what they got in your price range and pick what you like. They make so many watches it's crazy. I've had good luck at fortunoffs, they have a sweet selection.

4. I have a solar powered Pulsar I've been wearing on my arm almost every day for 10-11 years already. I never put in a new battery or had to wind it in that time and it's still going strong. I've thought about replacing it just to have something nicer, but I'd feel bad because I've had it forever. I highly recommend a Sieko/Pulsar (Pulsar is the cheaper brand, but same company). I don't have any models to recommend though since I haven't been looking. Once you find a watch you like check the online prices. Watches get big discounts online.

5. I haven't shopped for a watch since I was a kid, but I received this watch as a gift. It's a great-looking, simple watch that's very thin. The metal band even adjust to ridiculously small sizes, which is good because my wrists are so small. I've never been able to wear a metal band before, but this watch works.

I live and die by Movado.

7. Pocket watch. Or if you dont like the retro hipster thing, cell phone clock.

8. dude, just turn on your PSP, or your DS, or look at your cell phone even.

9. Timex Ironman watches. Decent features, and last about as long as your previous one. I have only had three ever since I was about twelve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

10. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Pocket watch. Or if you dont like the retro hipster thing, cell phone clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineAqua View Post
    dude, just turn on your PSP, or your DS, or look at your cell phone even.
    I haven't used my DS in months, don't have a PSP, and don't like fumbling around with my cell phone. I enjoy watches and being able to glance at my wrist and know the time without everyone around me knowing that I'm checking the time.

There's some cool military watches at http://www.specialopswatch.com/ but they're out of my price range ($500-$4,000). Right now I'm checking out the Seiko/Pulsars.