Thread: Video Games Live

1. Video Games Live

http://www.citicenter.org/shows/list...php?showID=448

I wasn't sure where to post this; but since it dealt with music, might as well put it here. Here's what they posted about the event. Ticket prices ranges from 35-75 dollars. I might just check this out since i'm in the area.

Video Games Live™ is an immersive concert event featuring music from the most popular video games of all time. Top orchestras & choirs perform along with exclusive video footage and music arrangements, synchronized lighting, solo performers, electronic percussionists, live action and unique interactive segments to create an explosive entertainment experience!

This is a concert event put on by the video game industry to help encourage and support the culture and art that video games have become. Video Games Live™ bridges a gap for entertainment by exposing new generations of music lovers and fans to the symphonic orchestral experience while also providing a completely new and unique experience for families and/or non-gamers. The show is heralded and enjoyed by the entire family. It's the power & emotion of a symphony orchestra mixed with the excitement and energy of a rock concert and the technology and interactivity of a video game all completely synchronized to amazing cutting edge video screen visuals, state-of-the-art lighting and special on-stage interactive segments with the audience.

2. Say, one of our forum members even started that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I'll be there Friday. What's the dress like for these deals: formal or neckbeard, whiteheads and a pit-stained Kingdom Hearts t-shirt?

4. I feel slightly embarassed for the orchestra in the videos of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'll be there Friday. What's the dress like for these deals: formal or neckbeard, whiteheads and a pit-stained Kingdom Hearts t-shirt?
    Since i work around Chinatown, i'll be going there in my work clothes, but i'll have my Red Nintendo t-shirt underneath haha.

Robot - if you're going, i'll probably see you up there. I'm trying to get Mikhal to go but he's being his usual "I'm to lazy to get off my fat ass" self to wanna come to the show.

6. I wore khaki's and a polo to it, but at the Kennedy Center there was a range from full on suits to assholes dressed like Mario.

7. For those buying the tickets online, enter the code VGLMETRO to get 25% off.

Edit:

Went to this last night, it was excellent. They say they will be returning next year. I plan to go to that as well as they change their setlist from show to show. Definitely worth it.
    Last edited by Konketsu; 22 Nov 2008 at 11:12 AM.