Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Civil War Comics

1. Marvel Civil War Comics

I know this is late to the party but i have recently re-discovered a love for comics i have just caught up on The Walking Dead graphic novels, and now i need something else to read. I was thinking of starting the Civil War saga, but the trouble is i dont know where to start.

I was wondering if someone could possible post the first couple graphic novels in that set, so i can buy them and read them. Start the series from book 1 and catch up, i just wanna do it in order by dont know where abouts to start.

Thanks!
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

2. They've actually just started a reprint series called Civil War Chronicles, which will reprint the whole thing in chronological order. Each issue reprints I believe three issues of the saga for $4.99, so it's a pretty good deal, probably better than the trades even. I believe the first two issues are out, but you LCS should still have them, particularly if you live in a moderate-to-large city with a large number of LCSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Civil War is not a good investment. Go track down Ultimates.

4. Okay two things,
    What is an LCS ?
    The Ultimates look pretty good, i was told Invincibles was really good too.. I was just hearing a bunch about Civil War...
    i will look into it all, especially civil war chronicle's
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

5. local comics shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Okay two things,
    What is an LCS ?
    The Ultimates look pretty good, i was told Invincibles was really good too.. I was just hearing a bunch about Civil War...
    i will look into it all, especially civil war chronicle's

The Ultimates:Amazing
    Ultimate Spiderman:Great
    Ultimate Xmen:Meh. Astonishing Xmen is better.
    Ultimate FF:Ups and Downs.

Invincible: Fucking Amazing. its up to vol.8 on the trades. Pick them up. you wont be sorry.

The Immortal Iron Fist. Great. great art,great dialog,great story,great everything.Vol1 of the trade is out. Get it.

Anita Blake Guilty Pleasure: Good.Great if you like the novels. vol.1 is out

Dark Tower The Gunslinger Born: Great.

Cable/Deadpool: great comic. dialog has me cracking up and the art is great too.

Those are my faves right now.

JBNagis

7. Fable and Y: The Last Man if you haven't read em.

They're two of the best comics out there.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Fables you mean.

9. My s key is broken. In fact there are no s's in this entire sentence. If you think you see one you're delusional.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. lol, well played.

Would you kindly fix that keyboard?