Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel Civil War Comics

1. Is Y the Last Man good again?
    I know it's nearing (if not already there) the end, but I lost interest around 30 issues in.

2. As much as I wanted to like Civil War, especially thanks to the lovely Steve McNiven art, I just couldn't. The story felt like someone rewrote Mark Millar's script, and then someone rewrote that script.

3. In a way they did. Millar has stated that he lost money doing Civil War because instead of doing a lot of smaller projects, he spent much of his time writing and rewriting CW.

4. Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    Is Y the Last Man good again?
    I know it's nearing (if not already there) the end, but I lost interest around 30 issues in.
    It's never been bad. You should catch back up.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Civil War was really great, no matter what the haters said, but it's probably not the right book for you.

The thing that made it great was the stories that lead into it, and the enormus ramifications of what happened within. As someone who hasn't been reading comics, or following the Marvel Universe it won't resonate with you the way it did with me, or with anyone who truly follows the Marvel Universe.

Ultimates is a way better stand alone story. I also thought Grant Morrisons Seven Soldiers was fucking amazing. Go buy that.

6. I love the Marvel Universe, and Civil War was garbage. Way out of character for everyone involved. Editorial dropped the entire fucking tray with this one.

A few months of Next Wave was more enjoyable than this entire event.

7. I do not agree with the poster above me.

8. And that's alright, it's just funnybooks.