Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Machinarium

1. This is a lot better than the demo. A lot. It's a creepy Eastern European Neverhood for a new era.

2. I'm not very far along at all (though I'm not sure how long this game is), but I'm really loving it. It's definitely a bit eerie, but at the same time everything is so beautiful.

I think my only complaint so far is that once you have an item from your inventory selected, right-clicking should just deselect it instead of bringing up that stupid Flash menu. I keep doing that, and it's kind of a pain to have to manually put each item back. I don't know if that could've been worked around or not.

The hint system is pretty awesome. I don't typically like to be given hints, though, and I've run into at least one puzzle where it seemed unavoidable. When you're going into the far-left prison cell to get the plunger gun, the lock opens for '4:45'... but how would I have known that if I didn't look at the hint? I didn't see anything in the game to suggest what the correct number would've been. I could've just been missing something, though.

Anyways, big thumbs-up on this.

3. Quote Originally Posted by køda View Post
    The hint system is pretty awesome. I don't typically like to be given hints, though, and I've run into at least one puzzle where it seemed unavoidable. When you're going into the far-left prison cell to get the plunger gun, the lock opens for '4:45'... but how would I have known that if I didn't look at the hint? I didn't see anything in the game to suggest what the correct number would've been. I could've just been missing something, though.
    In the next room over there's a clock. If you turn the light switch off, you'll see a highlighted time, 4:45.

4. Ah-ha. Well, I'll just have to start being more observant then.

5. I'd love to play this on my TV without hooking up a PC... alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I think we have XBLA to thank for the recent shift.
    lol no. But you could thank Steam and be closer to reality.

7. The demo for this game is playable in your browser. If you don't at least try it, you deserve to die.
    http://machinarium.net/demo/

8. Ok this is nice. I can't figure out what to do once you get the magnet and rope together tho.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Bend the pole and then go fishing

demo is rad imo. Will buy eventually.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.