Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: Machinarium

1. I keep meaning to buy it and never get around to it. It's Mac friendly, so there's really no excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I enjoyed the game but I did find it almost surprisingly short. Very cute and adorable.
    It's not particularly shorter than most heyday LucasArts adventures like Sam and Max or Day of the Tentacle. You could usually get through those in a couple days with diligence.

Just buy this game, if you haven't. It's just so well made.

3. I need to get back to this. Made it to a puzzle that's randomized (right after your in prison I believe) and couldn't get it after a few tries.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's not particularly shorter than most heyday LucasArts adventures like Sam and Max or Day of the Tentacle. You could usually get through those in a couple days with diligence.
    Right, and I think I did Machinarium in an afternoon. Granted, that's mostly because Machinarium's puzzles were either logic-based or had lots of clues around, while old Lucasarts adventures tended to rely more on random combinations of unrelated objects for almost nonsense specific purposes (i.e. combine the hand, fish magnet, and golf ball retriever to stick inside the ball of yarn and get a mood ring).

The shortness wasn't some horrible thing it was just crazy apparent to me this time. The only puzzle that slowed me down was the one about getting the pigeon to sit on just the right spot on the power lines or whatever that one was.

5. I think if you played this and Sam and Max straight through without getting stuck they'd be about the same length, that's what I mean. Which type of puzzle you're better out depends on how you think. A lot of reviews considered Machinarium crazy hard, actually.

This is $2.50 on Steam for the next ~23 hours.

7. It's cheaper than that if you buy the Humble Indie Bundle for 4.83 and get a bunch of other games with it

http://www.humblebundle.com/

I didn't even realize this was coming to PS3, and now the developer is calling that "the ultimate version."

9. I might get it since I can never get it to work on my computer for some odd reason.

If you haven't played this, you're a bad person. If you don't own a Vita, you're a bad person. If you fit both of these, an opportunity for repentance is coming March 26. Behind door #2 is kill yourself.