Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: Machinarium

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If you haven't played this, you're a bad person. If you don't own a Vita, you're a bad person. If you fit both of these, an opportunity for repentance is coming March 26. Behind door #2 is kill yourself.
    Agreed on Machinarium. It's a blessing.

The Vita? I had one. And sold it. The only games worth owning on it are PS1 games.
    bastard of the new world order.

I got 30+ games that say you're wrong, not to mention the PSP and properly emulated PS1 games on the go.

I'm really loving this new outlook for the Vita as an indie game darling. Can't wait to see what else gets announced for it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Yeah, that's just nonsense. The damn thing plays its own retail and PSN games, plus PSP, PSone, minis, and PSM games. We've had this discussion before, but if you can't find a dozen games you like on it, your tastes are too narrow or suck at this point. Plus, PS+, which is another thing everyone should have, has just thrown good games at us, and Disgaea 3 is coming next week.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Yeah, that's just nonsense. The damn thing plays its own retail and PSN games, plus PSP, PSone, minis, and PSM games. We've had this discussion before, but if you can't find a dozen games you like on it, your tastes are too narrow or suck at this point. Plus, PS+, which is another thing everyone should have, has just thrown good games at us, and Disgaea 3 is coming next week.
    Or you're just a grump who can't handle when someone disagrees with him. I don't like the Vita. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I got 30+ games that say you're wrong, not to mention the PSP and properly emulated PS1 games on the go.

I'm really loving this new outlook for the Vita as an indie game darling. Can't wait to see what else gets announced for it.
    Or 30+ games that I don't want. I'm not looking to "get into it", I just don't like the Vita. It's expensive and the the only games I enjoy on it are the PS1 games I've got on PSN.

Back on track, I love Machinarium. It's freaking awesome as an iPad game. I haven't got in on the desktop yet, but I imagine it's just as rad. It'd be perfect on Vita, but I don't know how I'd like it on a console. It needs touch/mouse input in order to feel natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    Or you're just a grump who can't handle when someone disagrees with him. I don't like the Vita. Not a problem.
    That's not what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carter View Post
    The Vita? I had one. And sold it. The only games worth owning on it are PS1 games.
    That is a bullshit statement through any objective lens. A statement like that isn't even correct about the damn Wii U.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That's not what you said:

That is a bullshit statement through any objective lens. A statement like that isn't even correct about the damn Wii U.
    Because I think you're the most awesome poster here, would it redeem me at all if I said,

"The only games I like on Vita are the PS1 games I can download"?

Because if that'll work, I'll be happy as a clam.

I'm just not interested in what the Vita has to offer. My tastes have changed over the last decade. If they'd give me Fallout, we could talk.

Portable Fallout with a side of clams? Sold.

8. Didn't realize there was an official thread for this game...I had originally posted about it in the GOG thread.

I picked this up from GOG when it came out there, as I love adventure games, hand-drawn 2D, and cute robots. Anyway, I loved every second of this. For a game with no speech, it still managed to be a memorable, emotional experience with solid, logical puzzles. It was also just plain beautiful with brilliant art and character design. Yeah, the ending was a tad abrupt for my tastes, but it didn't take away from the game at all. One of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

Plus, the GOG release has some great extras, including the soundtrack.

I don't see the game being as good on a handheld, but hey, however you play it, just play it.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 Mar 2013 at 10:40 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Portable Fallout with a side of clams? Sold.
    Clams it is. They'll have to be imports. Because all we have around here are Rocky Mountain Oysters.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Didn't realize there was an official thread for this game...I had originally posted about it in the GOG thread.

I picked this up from GOG when it came out there, as I love adventure games, hand-drawn 2D, and cute robots. Anyway, I loved every second of this. For a game with no speech, it still managed to be a memorable, emotional experience with solid, logical puzzles. It was also just plain beautiful with brilliant art and character design. Yeah, the ending was a tad abrupt for my tastes, but it didn't take away from the game at all. One of my favorite gaming experiences ever.

Plus, the GOG release has some great extras, including the soundtrack.

I don't see the game being a good on a handheld, but hey, however you play it, just play it.
    lolwut. This game isn't very good at all, bro.