July 2007: Bomberman Live [XBLA]
    June 2007: Pac-Man Championship Edition [XBLA]
    May 2007: Odin Sphere [PS2]
    April 2007: Super Paper Mario [Wii]
    March 2007: God of War II [PS2]
    February 2007: Crackdown [360]
    January 2007: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 [DS]
    TNL's Games of the Month 2006

[ As usual, straight ports, retro compilations, and retro XBLA, Virtual Console, and PSN titles are ineligible. Exceptions can be made for ports if they have not otherwise been released domestically, and noteworthy remakes. ]

Better a day early than a week late this time, I think. Anyway, it's that time again, and this month, we actually had a very healthy slate of releases. The 10 title limit was actually put to the test, with some fairly notable releases being left off, such as: Guitar Hero: Rocks the '80s, Moto GP 07, Lair, Boogie, Heroes of Mana, Brain Age 2, and Space Giraffe.

I think my vote will almost undoubtedly go to Bioshock, but I still need to play through the full game.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. The last two months have had the worst winners ever. I can't believe fucking Pac-Man beat out The Darkness.

Anyone who votes for anything other than Bioshock this month is straight fronting for the sake of fronting. There shouldn't even be a poll.

3. bioshock hands down. Singlehandedly is proving the generation.

Honorable mention: warhawk, brave story,
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The last two months have had the worst winners ever. I can't believe fucking Pac-Man beat out The Darkness.
    I'd have to agree, and I'd say the same for Bomberman beating out Ninja Gaiden. But hey, that's why it's a poll.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

I really did prefer Pac-Man CE over The Darkness.

And last month's poll was a sham - Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword was better than anything listed.

6. How did Bomberman even get votes when EVERYONE said it was fucking horrible?

Did I miss out on a TNL in-joke of some sort? Was liking a horrible game cool for that week?

7. lol. TNL is schizo.

8. This month shouldn't even have a poll. It should just be a thread titled "TNL's GoTM: August - BioShock Edition," and we talk about why BioShock is game of the month.

9. Yeah, there's no way bioshock could not win. There were other good games this month - even great games, but come on.,

10. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    The last two months have had the worst winners ever. I can't believe fucking Pac-Man beat out The Darkness.
    I didn't play Pac-Man, but I did play The Darkness--and that shit is not good.

I'm going to abstain from voting for a while. I'm playing BioShock at work and Metroid Prime 3 at home. Until just recently, it was easy for me to vote BioShock, but Prime 3 is getting better. I still suspect my vote will be for BioShock, though.

EDIT: Also, Bomberman won because it was the only 360 exclusive and this board has a good collection of Xbots.
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 31 Aug 2007 at 03:45 AM.