Page 15 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii VC/WiiWare thread

1. It's all water testing, or something. Hopefully the two will do well and we'll see something else. i hope so anyway.

S&P looks not blurry as shit, just like the other N64 stuff. If you already own it, there's not that much of a point.
    Donk

2. As expected, the CC is ass for S&P. Going to try to work something out with the GC pad.

edit: The more I play it, the more I think that it's going to be trying no matter what. Still, the first button config is a better choice for the CC than the others in what I've seen. It just pisses me off that Nintendo can change the button mappings for each game, but they don't trust you to.
    Last edited by Grave; 01 Oct 2007 at 09:57 PM.

3. I played the first 3 levels. I'm not impressed.

4. Okay, yeah, I am. The game started doing a lot of crazy shit and though I still stumble with the control at times, this is very cool for N64. The stage where you're flying around on that piece of debris with all the aircraft carriers is pretty incredible for what it is, and the boss fights before that were very cool.

5. I'll play through it, no doubt. I just don't see it being omglegendary yet.

6. It's past its prime, though there really hasn't been a game exactly like it since. The game still holds up though, I can see myself playing through it once a month like when I had the cart.

The final boss is zomg. Really appropriate considering Treasure.

7. A few Nintendo 64 games need to be played with the stock controller, S+P and Winback come to mind. Not really seeing any difference in graphics ethier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I've had 1100 points that I just can't find a way to waste for months. Now S&P is 1200 when every other N64 game is 1000? There went that sale. I'm not adding more points. Off the Wii goes again until Mario Galaxy.
    Well that explains why it's 1200

*-neo

8. I think I need a better n64 Emulator for my Xbox, because Opaque says his version of S&P works great and mine most assuredly does not.

9. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    I know it's not particularly fair, one being Youtube and the other a GameTrailers video, but hopefully it could help illustrate the difference.

Wii VC
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25744.html

Here's a better example of the N64 version, also on GameTrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/111631.html
    The VC version is definitely less blurry.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

10. S&P = awesome
    CC layout = ass

Why do I have three (?!) ways to jump, two ways to move and two ways to aim but only one way to shoot? Even having ZR as an alternate Z button would've been somewhat acceptable. I suppose at the very least the classic controller doesn't have a dead spot which fills up most of the analog range like all my N64 controllers have, but left-handed shooting is really uncomfortable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    I think I need a better n64 Emulator for my Xbox, because Opaque says his version of S&P works great and mine most assuredly does not.
    Mine worked fine as well. Some graphical issues here and there, but nothing that affected the gameplay and it let me have a control scheme that worked. Only problem I had there was doing the sword for long periods of time got tiring with the Xbox trigger.