Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk about the Ninja Gaiden series

1. I like it when people shoot bullets at you, and you slice the bullets with your sword, and they explode. I hope they keep that in the XBOX version.

2. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Am I the only that noticed that the NES Ninja Gaiden games were just ripoffs of Castlevania?
    They shared similarities, but NG had enough differences to set itself apart from that series.

3. Ninja Gaiden is much much faster then Castlevania. Sure they both have Lantern smashing and other weapons you use by pressing up and attack. But a lot of NES games have that. You have to be a lot more carefull in Castlevania then you do in Ninja Gaiden. I don't think they are rip offs they are just in the same genre. But Ninja Gaiden will always go down as the game that really got me into video games. It was the first game I really played a lot (other then Super Mario Bros.). The music is timless, and those cutscenes are just plain cool. They were so cinematic and had great music. Really before their time. Ninja Gaiden 2 is also fantastic, by far some of the best music in a video game ever. Only problem is the end level is so freaking hard its outrageous. Ninja Gaiden 3 is indeed the odd ball of the three NES versions. I always felt it was a little too Sci-Fi. All the robots and such. But none the less a great game, just not as good at 1 and 3. Also, whats so bad about the Trilogy on SNES? I have never played them but have been meaning to get it just to have it? Did they change a bunch of things or what?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

There's also the Euro-import Master System Ninja Gaiden game. Unlike Sega's Game Gear one, it actually resembles the NES games. Except unlike the awesome NES games, the SMS one sucks pretty bad.

And yes VRC7 sounds great in Lagrange Point. I would love to see that game rereleased and in English.

5. Originally posted by Nash
    it's not fair to say ninja gaiden is a ripoff of castlevania because the controls are similar. controllers were a lot simpler back then so there were only so many ways you can have different commands.
    True, but you have to admit that NG did borrowed a bit from Castlevania.