Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Looking for new PC

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    I have the old Dell 24"er, the 2405 and it is indeed awesome, can't go wrong there.
    I have a question, does your dell monitor produce a lot of heat at the top? Just curious if this is normal since I never owned a dell monitor or a computer monitor of this quality.

when I have a chance, I'll take a picture of where my monitor is and you guys let me know if there is enough room for it to ventilate or something.

2. Depends what you mean by "a lot of heat". It definitely gets warm around the vents at the back top of the monitor. If it doesn't look funny and isn't making strange noises I'd say you are ok.

3. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    Depends what you mean by "a lot of heat". It definitely gets warm around the vents at the back top of the monitor. If it doesn't look funny and isn't making strange noises I'd say you are ok.
    No strange noises and doesnt look funny. I'll take a pic when I get home. When i mean a lot of heat, I meant like having your computer on for a day and touching the vents in the back and feeling the heat. So I guess its normal.

4. Bandit I have the Dell 22 incher. Mine doesn't get hot, but I have mine on a comp desk without that top bookshelf thing. Its also in the middle and not against the wall. I also have a circular fan blowing in the direction of the comp.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Bandit I have the Dell 22 incher. Mine doesn't get hot, but I have mine on a comp desk without that top bookshelf thing. Its also in the middle and not against the wall. I also have a circular fan blowing in the direction of the comp.
    Hmmm...I called Dell a couple days ago (VGA on PC wasnt working so they sending me a new one) and I told them about the heat it releases on the monitor and they asked if its working and do I smell a burning smell. I said yes to working and no to burning.

They said that its fine unless I smell it burning or it doesnt work at all. If they were to send me a replacement, it would be refurbished and not new (no thanks unless i have no choice but to get replacement!). My 17" LCD flat panel didnt produce much heat but then again, maybe the 24" requires more power and energy hence the heat. I looked on the online document for the monitor regarding temperature and it said 41°F~95°F. I'm touching the iMac that I am using at work and its a little warm and the back is a little hot.

I have the bookshelf thing and I was thinking about taking it off. The monitor barely fits in the slot. There is about 3/4 inch of space between the top of the monitor and bookshelf and about 1/8 on each side if not less.
    Last edited by bandit; 10 Sep 2007 at 11:50 AM.

6. Is your monitor against the wall too?

If so move it out into more open space. Cause you have vents on the left and right side; including on top.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Is your monitor against the wall too?

If so move it out into more open space. Cause you have vents on the left and right side; including on top.
    I think maybe its best to remove the hutch =/

8. take the hutch off.

9. I modified the hutch to raise it up when I had a 20" CRT monitor and took it off when I got a 17" flat panel because it was so close up to me. now I cant find the pieces of wood that I used to raise it up. I guess this will give me a reason to clear off my computer desk.