Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: Bangaioh Spirits DS

1. So this is actually good? Well, there goes $30.

2. Oh yeah, add to the list the homing bullet behavior is a bit better. It was simplified in the import where it would go straight, bend to home in and then go straight again, and now it's a little more loopy like the original.

Just little differences, but it just feels a bit more polished overall. Maybe not as dramatic as Astro Boy, which had huge difficulty tweaks and major level design changes, but you can still see they've been working to make it better.

3. I'm about 75% done with the Free Play stages, so I decided to give the stage creator a whirl.

stage data
    replay data for said stage

The stage transfer function is a bit touchy. If it fails, make sure you've got the volume cranked up, and if it's still giving you fits, adjust the distance between your speaker/headphone and the DS mic. Once I found a good position it works pretty much all the time, though.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Maybe not as dramatic as Astro Boy, which had huge difficulty tweaks and major level design changes, but you can still see they've been working to make it better.
    I knew not about this. What was changed?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I knew not about this. What was changed?
    The biggest thing was that the difficulties were rejiggered. The default difficulty was much harder than the Japanese one and put more of a constraint on your use of super moves. There's an easy difficulty that's a little easier than the Japanese game, and a hard one that's everything you'd expect from a hard mode in a Treasure game.

Also the difficulty modes aren't just damage tweaks, they actually affect the game rules and attack patterns, so it's a pretty big change.

Also, they reworked the level design and changed the enemy patterns around in some of the duller spots. They also added some new enemies to mix things up.

Obviously the import was a good game to begin with, but they really added a layer of polish to the US one that made much better. It's proof positive to me that Treasure's biggest problem these days is rushing games out the door.

6. The Professor looks like Stan Lee. Love the dialogue, Masato is a little punk.

Except for the control I'm enjoying this alot, and that's even tolerable with just how many ways you can adjust your weapon load.

7. I cracked this open today.

FRAMEY CRAPTACULAR HORSESHIT.
    POO ASS POOR CONTROLS.

All it is is get near a ton of missles, watch the framerate hit about 2/s, launch an x4, wait two seconds for anything to happen, have the framerate go back up to 2/s, watch everything blow up, repeat. On a tiny screen.

The DS is a shit platorm. DO NOT BUY GARBAGE-O JUNK.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 15 Nov 2008 at 07:16 PM.

8. You're missing the point.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. Then what is the point?

10. lol you suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.