Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on these games...

1. Get GTA3 and Frequency. Frequency, in my opinion, is FAR superior to Gitaroo Man. And, it has way better music.

zidane747 Guest
    Well, I've officially decided on GTA3 and FFX. A great RPG that I'll likely play again and a game with TONS of replay value. It'll keep me busy long after I get an Xbox. One question though, how long does it take to get EVERYTHING in GTA3?

3. Originally posted by zidane747
    One question though, how long does it take to get EVERYTHING in GTA3?
    Define "everything". You don't exactly collect anything, you simply perform tasks or blow stuff up, usually the same thing.

Of course, my opinion seems to be discarded here and there, but I'd give a great big raspberry to FFX and pick up some other great PS RPGs like Xenogears and Valkryie Profile (though they're both harder to find) that are actually worth playing through, not to mention going through multiple times.

Along with that, Frequency, Gitaroo Man, VF4, Way of the Samurai, Sky Gunner (it's almost here), and Rez.

And definately anything with Mary-Kate and Ashley. Especially The Winner's Circle. Expect my glowing review of this horse-racing Olsen twins game sometime after my death at the hands of its developers.

4. Well, Talking about Valkirie Profile. I finally got the game today, and cant wait till it arrives to play it. After hearing soo many good things about it, and I decided to get it before, it becomes even more rare.

Aslo got Valkirie Profile guide, so I can enjoy the game art and extras, after I beat it

I only wish Shadow Hearts had a guide too.

5. If you do get GTA3, please don't be a tool and post nonstop shit about it. You've already ruined MGS2, please do not defile the game I love.

And with that said....

Originally posted by zidane747
    One question though, how long does it take to get EVERYTHING in GTA3?
    Just like Mechdeus said, what do you define as complete? If by complete you mean getting %100, then I think it may take you a month or more of nonstop playing to achieve it, but that depends on your level commitment.

But there are so many things to do in the game you can keep yourself occupied for a very long time.

6. Originally posted by Regus
    But there are so many things to do in the game you can keep yourself occupied for a very long time.
    Yep, if you like GTA3, there's really no reason to ever stop playing as you can keep doing stuff for as long as you want. No time limit on the game (Pikmin), no "lives", and the ability to just do whatever you want in regards to driving around and shooting stuff mean that you can play it for the next few years if you like. It's all in how much you enjoy it in the first place.

In fact, that's a lot more fun then attempting the actual missions, which are almost all bland and boring. The only real reason to perform them is to get access to better cars and more areas of the city.

7. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Yep, if you like GTA3, there's really no reason to ever stop playing as you can keep doing stuff for as long as you want. No time limit on the game (Pikmin), no "lives", and the ability to just do whatever you want in regards to driving around and shooting stuff mean that you can play it for the next few years if you like. It's all in how much you enjoy it in the first place.
    Yup, GTA3 has been the only game I've been playing for the last 3 months.

In fact, that's a lot more fun then attempting the actual missions, which are almost all bland and boring. The only real reason to perform them is to get access to better cars and more areas of the city.
    I don't know about that, I wouldn't call the missions boring. I suggest you start another game and try to find alternate methods to complete the missions. For example, the Fuzz Ball, in which you have to round up several hookers for the police man's ball. I'm guessing the first time you played it you frantically drove around trying to beat the clock. You should try it again, but this time try using a bus and picking up all the girls in one shot.

Besides, it's always good to have some order and goals admist all the random activities.

8. Originally posted by Regus
    I don't know about that, I wouldn't call the missions boring.
    Well, perhaps "boring" is too strong a word, but by the time I was done with the first part of the city, I'd felt like I done every type of mission the game was going to throw at me. I think it was more just a lack of any real variety in them, kind of like FPS' using descriptions like "Go here to hack this computer system" to cover up that the mission is still the same kind of "find the key" missions Doom had. Same thing, different name, that's how I felt after a while.

GTA3 is to me what State of Emergency is to a lot of people; Fun and interesting in short spurts, but I get bored after a while.

9. I bought GTA3 when it first came out, played it for a solid week...and haven't touched it since. I realize I'm in the minority here, but it got boring really, really fast for me. Its atmosphere was also strangely flat and uninvolving, like an old glass of champagne.....atmosphere is very important to me in gaming.

Can't comment on FFX because I don't normally play RPGs.

However, I've played huge hours with Virtua Fighter 4 (Kumite NEVER gets old) and Hot Shots Golf 3 (yes, it's that damn good - and I HATE golf). I started Maximo recently, and it's the most polished and sharpened game I've played in quite a while. I also highly recommend Rez and Ico (both rather short but oh-so-shweet).

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

zidane747 Guest
    Well, by everything I mean all the missions 100% complete and all the secrets and hidden things. A couple of months sounds good. All this talk about the game gets me all giddy.^_^

Regus: Hey, I didn't FORCE you to read all of my MGS2 threads.Besides, I haven't posted one in about 2 months. You see, I have one of those MGS2-atine patches on my arm. Works wonders.