Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactics Ogre :: The Knight of Lodis

1. Mega Drive Tactics Ogre :: The Knight of Lodis

I think I am going to buy this game next.

I am just wondering who has it... and what you think of it? From what I have read it's gotten excellent reviews and it looks really impressive.

2. I bought it 2 weeks ago and its great. The battles take forever to do but you can at least save in the middle of them.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Hmmmmmmm...

I'm about 8 hours in. It plays a tad slow, but it's vintage 16-bit strategy, and this is a good thing.

The story is totally bogged down with details of the name's of villages, towns, castles, kings and armies. Really, the story becomes totally incoherent about a half-hour in.

Still, if you love strategy games, you'll dig TO. Just don't expect it to pull you away from your consoles the way Advance Wars was able to.

4. I played through the first battle in Knight of Lodis, and it's amazing how...unbelievably...goddamn...slow this game is, especially for somebody's who's used to Advance Wars' no-nonsense, no-baggage battles. I swear, it seems like it takes longer for a single character in TO to swing his sword than it does for a company of rocket launchers in AW to fire off a volley. I was anticipating TO, but I don't know if I'll have the patience for it. It's definitely no longer a priority.

Here's a quote from the IGN review of the game that sums up my impression perfectly:

Unless you're the impatient sort who stopped playing games like Final Fantasy because the summoning animations were too long, give this one a look.
    *cough, cough*

5. Hmmmmm...

I could be dead wrong, but I believe there is a way to speed up the battles.
    We all hate instruction manuels.

6. I STILL haven't seen this game on a store shelf yet.

I've seen it at a couple of online retailers in stock, but since I have so many games to play thru right now it's not a huge priority for me.

First store I see it at though, its all me baby.

7. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    I STILL haven't seen this game on a store shelf yet.

I've seen it at a couple of online retailers in stock, but since I have so many games to play thru right now it's not a huge priority for me.

First store I see it at though, its all me baby.
    I am going to order online and that's part of the reason why. I figure I may as well get it before it becomes a pain in the arse to find. That's what happened with Megaman Battle Network. When I was ready to buy it I could not find it anywhere. TO:TKOL is already a bit hard to get ahold of... I prefer ordering online anyway.

I have patience too. Hopefully the (slow) pace does not bother me, especially since everything else about the game looks pure class.

8. Originally posted by sggg
    I am going to order online and that's part of the reason why. I figure I may as well get it before it becomes a pain in the arse to find. That's what happened with Megaman Battle Network. When I was ready to buy it I could not find it anywhere. TO:TKOL is already a bit hard to get ahold of... I prefer ordering online anyway.

I have patience too. Hopefully the (slow) pace does not bother me, especially since everything else about the game looks pure class.
    Atlus has just been sending smaller shipments, but it doesn't look like they'll quit manufacturing the game anytime soon.

My local Gamestop is getting some in this week, so I'll probably swing by and get one then.

9. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    Atlus has just been sending smaller shipments, but it doesn't look like they'll quit manufacturing the game anytime soon.

My local Gamestop is getting some in this week, so I'll probably swing by and get one then.
    Ahhh I see. Well, sooner or later I know I am definitely going to get the game, so I may as well go with sooner anyway.

10. I would have it if I COULD FIND THE SILLY GAME!
    I'll keep looking...