Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your opinions on these games...

zidane747 Guest

Your opinions on these games...

Well, since I was just informed that I won't be able to get a GCN for graduation(that's alright, since I'll be able to get some games, and save for Xbox), my parents will let me get 2 games for PS2. Now, I'm having a tough time deciding what to get, so your opinions on this matter will help dearly.

Final Fantasy X-how does this compare to VII,VIII, and IX?

Silent Hill 2- is it as scary as the first one, or scarier, or less scary?

GTA3-is all the praise this title gets true?

NBA Street-I've been wanting to play a good sports game, and this seems like a good candidate.

Virtua Fighter 4-this sounds like a great damn game. Is it?

Also: can you guys add any other high-quality games to that list? Thanks a ton.

2. ... well... get Virtua Fighter 4, and something else... but definately VF4

zidane747 Guest
    Yeah, I figured that. I was leaning towards FFX(I WANT this damn game!!!). It might be VF4 and FFX after all. One question(again): do FFX and VF4 have a lot of replay value?

Re: Your opinions on these games...

Originally posted by zidane747
    Final Fantasy X-how does this compare to VII,VIII, and IX?
    Just as bad.

Silent Hill 2- is it as scary as the first one, or scarier, or less scary?
    It's not as scary as the first, but I still recommend it.

GTA3-is all the praise this title gets true?
    It gets way more praise than it deserves.

NBA Street-I've been wanting to play a good sports game, and this seems like a good candidate.
    If you like completely unrealistic sports games, it seems pretty good.

Virtua Fighter 4-this sounds like a great damn game. Is it?
    It's the best 3D fighter, not that that's saying a lot.

Also: can you guys add any other high-quality games to that list?
    Maximo, Ridge Racer V, Klonoa 2, Code Veronica X, Onimusha, and Gradius III & IV.

5. Buy ICO yourself ($20 well spent), and ask for REZ and something else (Wipeout Fusion perhaps?). Don't forget that Sky Gunner comes out very soon.

I can't comment on any of the games in your list except to say that the FFX demo was cool and I'll be getting the full game someday

- Kabuki

6. Buy Maximo and Grand Theft Auto 3. End of discussion.

Alternatively, you can substitute VF4 for one of the above, provided the one you substitute does not have the initials "GTA3."
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

wEEman33 Guest
    NBA Street is an excellent game but the single player will only last you a few months unless you have some multiplayer competetion. Although if you have someone else to play the game with, it's a must buy.

8. Gitaroo Man!

9. Silent Hill 2 is great, the rest I could live without.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. mind if i ask where this flow of money is coming from? werent you the one that couldnt even afford a memory card a couple months ago?

*waiting for all the threads he's going to post about his new games*

just messin with ya

lets see here.

FF10- i enjoyed. i dont know why (i hated 7 and 8) considering it's "dumbed down" like them, but mebbe it's the music, or auron...or that anima sumon....good game. set some time aside. just avoid blitzball.

silent hill 2- i dont care what others say...this game is too easy and too short. theres only like 3 different enemy types you fight the entire game and the ending sucks. ive only played the xbox rev and used the "ps2 filter" and wondered how anyone could play with screen noise. i was left unimpressed. wasnt horrible...but wasnt great.

GTA3-i hated the first 2 but stuck with this one. get the Logitech force feedback wheel (only $100) to see what pc gamers and arcade go'ers have had for years.

VF4- it's VF4....if you dont know if you like VF or not somethings wrong. it's the 4th in a fighting game series. cant say much more.
    i love the interface tho.

NBA Street- havent played and dont like basket ball. heard good things tho.