Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imaginary friends

Imaginary friends

My girlfriend and I were just discussing imaginary friends after becoming aware the 'tulpa' thing exists. Neither she or I had imaginary friends as children, and were unaware of or don't remember any of the other kids we knew as children having them either. But psychology journals claim that 65% of children under the age of 7 report having or having had an imaginary friend.

Did you, or did any kids you know, have them?
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. all my friends are
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Did you?
    I had stuffed animals that were real as fuck if that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    all my friends are
    Do you like the Alkaline Trio?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Do you like the Alkaline Trio?
    I liked From Here to Infirmary, Goddamnit, and Maybe I'll Catch Fire.

Only the early stuff? I understanding checking out eventually, Crimson is a bit of a bummer, but Good Mourning is still really solid.

6. When I was around three years old, I had a giant invisible friend named Andrew who could beat my brothers at basketball.

Not quite the same thing, but my niece and nephew had an imaginary boogeyman that would show up in their apartment when it was dark. They named him Harry Scary. They only ever saw a silhouette of a man with a hat and trench coat, and from what I remember, he just kind of stood there and they would get scared and run out of the room.

7. I haven't checked out the later stuff, don't know quite why. I've had many years to. I'll give Good Mourning a listen later if it's on Spotify
    Didn't they release a new album this year?

8. My brother had one named “Mr. Patter,” and he was a handyman. He seemed Irish to me but I don’t remember why.

I did not have an imaginary friend but my stuffed bear Boris has been with me since I was a baby and I’ll die for him, so.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I did not have an imaginary friend. But I did have like 3 or 4 items I took everywhere. 1 was a homemade sock monkey. I had him for about 5 to 7 years before my big sister gutted him. No idea where he is now. I also had a stuffed Gonzo and roger rabbit.

I also had the large size Psycho gobot that I would keep in my coat pocket.

I did sleep walk about 2 times. And I had night terrors in my preteens.

Anyone buy into the spooky shit about these imaginary friends being ghosts? Or that little kids remember past lives?