Thread: LOL HDTV as a Monitor

1. LOL HDTV as a Monitor

I've been messing around with hooking up a shitty laptop to both my 24'' LCD and my 32'' HDTV and it's really obvious how much more detail the monitor has.

Anyway, my completely random question is this: how large of an HDTV would you need to actually have more detail than a 24'' monitor running at about 1280x1024? From what I really understand about 1080p, I don't think it's even possible, but I could be wrong.

2. 1080p HDTV's support a 1920x1080 native resolution.

3. i dual monitor with my HDTV for when i edit videos in FCP....
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. It's really fun to use the TV as a monitor.

I have no reason to right now, but it's really big (even if it isn't any higher definition) and that makes it fun.

5. Some HDTV (probably most rear projection) doesn't display text all that clearly. This is from my own experience but my HDTV only does 720p and it is now ancient (2004).

HDTV's had been pretty useless as everyday monitors until 1080p. Any resolution lower than that displays text horribly. I have a Westinghouse LVM 37w3 and that shit is gorgeous. Text is crystal, it's huge, games rule on it; it's just all around good times. 720p is ok for gaming but if you plan on using it for your every day monitor you gotta go 1080p.

7. Side note, I hooked up my 360 to the TV for the first time today and while it does look pretty decent, the 720p has really made me appreciate how nice a 24'' monitor is.

<3 <3