Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Recall Remake?!?

1. Total Recall Remake?!?

From here:

The boss slipped me word today that there’s talk of a new “Total Recall” movie getting up in the very near future. He’s been dropping a few emails around and finally got the response he was looking for. Only he’s not here to tell you all about it. So I’ll try relay the details (And yeah, get ready to groan more than Jenna Jameson pre-money shot) and take the credit.

The Weinstein’s planned to do a TR sequel – “Minority Report” kinda beat them to the punch, dontcha think? – for the longest time, and with Arnold Schwarzenegger back in the drivers seat, but with the Oak as busy as a bee at a honey festival and Spielberg beating the brothers to the punch, the word is the new film won’t be so much a sequel than it’ll be…. a remake. It kinda... has to be.

Now this doesn’t surprise me at all. I knew the Weinstein boys had the rights to the original 1990 movie – and paid top-dollar for them! – and it doesn’t seme like Arnold Schwarzenegger’s going to be returning to acting anytime soon, as well as the fact that remakes are all the rage right now, but “Total Recall” is such an action classic and it holds up very well that a do-over just seems totally uncalled for.

And who could play Doug Quaid like Arnie, I ask?

Hopefully it stays an idea.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. No.

No no no no no no no.

NO
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. A remake of such a classic movie is completely unnecessary.

4. It is impossible to improve upon Total Recall, which means any attempt to remake it will be an instant universal catastrophe.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    No.

No no no no no no no.

NO
    Agreed.

Also. HELL NO!!!!

There is only one Total Recall and only one Quaid. There are no substitutes.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. How about instead of doing a remake, they just put the original in theaters again? I will bet that it would do better than a poorly thought out remake.

They would have a field day with CGI in it and it would instantly lose any appeal it ever had. NO indeed.

7. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. YOU BLEW MY

COVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

9. They'll kill you all!

10. I'm so tired of the Weinsteins.