Thread: Hepcat

Hepcat

Hepcat is, hands down, the best modern ska/reggae act that came from the 3rd wave.

http://www.myspace.com/hepcatlive

Also, speaking of the 3rd wave, the infatuation was with fusion ska/punk. The only band that has ever managed to not make ska/punk suck was Operation Ivy.

Yes, yes it is. I thought I had posted this thread for a second, I just got into them like three weeks ago.

Awesome, awesome shit.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Hooligans hooligans make up your minds
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Have they been around for a long while? I feel like I saw them, say, 10 years ago in Buffalo. Maybe with the Mighty Might Bosstones.

5. Yeah, at first I was like 'What What? There still around?' Hepcat is a good show.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Yeah, Hepcat has been around for quite some time. Their first album Out of Nowhere came out in 94, followed up by Scientific in 96, and Right on Time in 98. Out of Nowhere was good, Scientific was great, and Right on Time is a knock-your-socks-off-must-have for any reggae/ska fan. Push and Shove was released in 2000, but I have yet to hear it, and also an Out of Nowhere bonus tracks disc was released in 04. They are still touring, and amen to that, because their live show is very tight and one of the funnest shows I've been to.