Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Jordan is Dead.

1. Robert Jordan is Dead.

Blood and ashes.
    The wikipedia entry
    Shoulda finished the damn series before he got side tracked with the video game, the table top rpg, the d20, and all the other shit.

Least the video game had a kickass death match. Seriously its sad, many of my best nights and days were just consuming this man's verbosity. Hopefully he finished it and it just needs a good editor, like the last 93 books.
    Last edited by MarsKitten; 17 Sep 2007 at 01:37 AM.

I think the internet crashed his site.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Sucks, last WoT book was actually good (well at least compared to 8, 9 and 10). I hope he left enough notes, etc for others to finish. Or someone post how he planned to end the book.

4. Man, that guy couldn't write a real human motivation for doing something to save his life. None of his characters fucking communicated, and had the most retarded reasoning for acting the way they did. Those books were drawn out garbage. I can't believe I actually read four of them, hoping it would either end or improve. Finally I realized neither was ever going to happen & I quit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    Man, that guy couldn't write a real human motivation for doing something to save his life. None of his characters fucking communicated, and had the most retarded reasoning for acting the way they did. Those books were drawn out garbage. I can't believe I actually read four of them, hoping it would either end or improve. Finally I realized neither was ever going to happen & I quit.
    *Puts down the copy of Eye of the World he was about to start reading*

6. I don't think it was bad as all that, but I will put forth that he can't write a female character to save his life, and that his main characters have a habit of growing so annoying you root for the the supporting cast instead.

I'll admit his treatment of the Conan stories is a guilty pleasure though...full of busty wenches and awesome violence.

7. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I'll admit his treatment of the Conan stories is a guilty pleasure though...full of busty wenches and awesome violence.
    Hmmmmm, now that is something I could get behind.

8. This is hilarious. It also serves all his fans right.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    Man, that guy couldn't write a real human motivation for doing something to save his life. None of his characters fucking communicated, and had the most retarded reasoning for acting the way they did. Those books were drawn out garbage. I can't believe I actually read four of them, hoping it would either end or improve. Finally I realized neither was ever going to happen & I quit.
    I agree. And instead of stopping at four books like you did, I prolonged the agony by trying to see what he would come up with. I now have 5 of his books, 4-8...I'm wondering if I should just sell them?
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Hooooot! Fuck you. Hooooot!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Pulp or die, motherfuckers. Fresh squeezed or bust.

10. I remember Rand living in the desert for like four books straight. God, this series got so boring. Started off really good, too.

Pretty hilarious for the people who remained loyal all this time.