Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Think You Have A Bad Commute

1. My dad hates us. He said we were such bad kids he wanted to work as far from home as possible.

2. He's punishing himself.

Or lying about where he's working so he can pull strange.

3. My dad has always loved driving. He really doesn't give a fuck. He's also on the road by 6 a.m. And 3:30 p.m. so he misses all of the traffic. He's also not a womanizer. He and my mother were high school sweethearts.

4. I can see why he hates his kids.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    He's also not a womanizer. He and my mother were high school sweethearts.
    Trust no one.

6. Well, scientists continue to find good information on traffic.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/05/t...hic/#continued
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

7. More information that supports stripping people of their license.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

8. My commute is 18 miles in half an hour, never on a highway/freeway, it's more on "main roads".

About half way in my commute there are three lanes that merge into two, well before this, nobody is in the left lane that ends (it'd be you guys right) because it's only fed from a quiet street. Now get this, the traffic is slow just before the merge because of people merging from the ending left lane, so people will get from the middle lane and go in the left lane and drive forward really fast, and then try to merge in the middle lane they once were just in, further slowing shit down. I'm pretty sure the only people that drive in the left lane changed there because the traffic is so slow in the middle lane from people merging from the left lane... lol.

I saw this on a much bigger scale on one of the freeways, were there was this completely unnecessary traffic jam over people getting shitty about the traffic jam, exiting, getting on a parallel main road, driving beyond the traffic jam and then merging back in en masse, causing the traffic jam.

And yes, driving consistently is more important than driving fast; I had a conference in the next city from Sydney, I thought something was wrong with the car because it would accelerate heavily and then drop off, accelerate and drop off, in like 4 second intervals; turns out, my colleague just maintains speed by going 5ks over the speed limit, then waiting for the car to drop back 5ks below the speed limit, then practically flooring it to get back up there.

People that brake to maintain speed are the worst ever.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. Nothing makes me happier than when Speed Racer blows by me because he is in such a big hurry, and then a few miles down the road I end up on his bumper because traffic lights and such have slowed him down. All that fuss and reckless driving and you're no further than you would have been if you just drove sensibly.