Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADD, ADHD, and adderall

ADD, ADHD, and adderall

I wanted to know the boards opinion on this. I'm thinking of going to the doctor some time and getting rechecked. I was diagnosed ADHD as a child for being impulsively brilliant and making teachers cry by being so (correcting their test, notes, etc in front of the class). I stopped taking anything for it when I was in about the 8th grade I think, and did fine in high school. But I'm wondering if I was ever really over it or if it was just that high school is retarded easy.

things I do not want to know about

1) illegal uses of ADHD/ADD medication
    2) your philosophical beliefs on being medicated for mind related things
    3) How you think ADD/ADHD was made up by the man to bring you down
    4) how you think parents need to beat their kids more instead of giving them pills
    5) anything about my spelling or your opinion of me. This is about my health. This is serious business.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 21 Aug 2008 at 12:36 AM.

2. More kids should eat beets

3. I think 95% of ADD diagnosis is pure bullshit designed to A) peddle drugs to kids and B) give parents an easy answer.

I was on all that shit all through high school and I finally stopped it before going to college and I've been a lot better off.

Your brain is not really designed to pay attention to boring, repetitive shit all day. Not liking that makes you normal, and finding real ways of coping rather than drugs makes you an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think 95% of ADD diagnosis is pure bullshit designed to A) peddle drugs to kids and B) give parents an easy answer.

I was on all that shit all through high school and I finally stopped it before going to college and I've been a lot better off.

Your brain is not really designed to pay attention to boring, repetitive shit all day. Not liking that makes you normal, and finding real ways of coping rather than drugs makes you an adult.
    I'm guessing that second half the first post was boring, repetitive shit then.

BC, what do you hope to achieve by going back on the medication? How are you approaching the medicine now vs. back in secondary school, now that you are likely much more aware of the what the effects, advantages, and symptoms are? Are there any life changes that you can make that may change your state of mind?

6. You never had ADHD in the first place.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    I'm guessing that second half the first post was boring, repetitive shit then.
    I read it, but I don't know what the fuck you want to hear from us. It's my opinion from experience that you're better off without the drugs. That's as expert an opinion as anyone will give you here.

8. Real ADD is serious shit. I've met people who're unable to pay attention to something for more then several seconds and are distracted doing almost anything by the slightest of disturbances.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    Real ADD is serious shit. I've met people who're unable to pay attention to something for more then several seconds and are distracted doing almost anything by the slightest of disturbances.
    Yeah, there are people that need help, but the way they diagnose the shit most of the time is retarded, and cheeks made it pretty clear which kind of diagnosis he was.

10. Exactly, real ADD is fucking terrible, Cheeks does not have it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.