Thread: Turning a PC Monitor into a Television

1. PC Turning a PC Monitor into a Television

what's the easiest/cheapest way to turn a pc monitor into a tv? i mean just the monitor itself. my tv broke and i went out recenly to try to find a new REGULAR tv...but...man...they're like...GONE! i was thinking i could get a pc monitor and just get some kind of adaptor or something to hook up cable or my game systems to it. i'm having a really hard time finding/understanding what i should look for. any help would be apreciated.

2. Go to Best Buy and get a TV adapter for your computer. The staff there can help you.

That's probably the simplest way to go.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

3. Yeah, TV tuner for your computer would be the easiest/cheapest way to do it if that works for you (could even get an HD tuner for cheap).

4. Look on craigs list for a regular tv

5. There's usually a bunch of tv's on CL's "free" section, if you don't mind a remote that's been in a cat's butt.

Srs bsns though, I tried using a composite to VGA adapter once, and... not pretty. I'd rather go without than squint at that.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 22 Aug 2008 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Haha, what did you expect?

7. Something less dangerous than Darkwing Duck, clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!