Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Fortress 2

1. I'll get back to this after finishing Campaign. I'll definitely be favoring this over Halo 3 multiplayer.

And please: anyone with a capable PC, please exercise common sense and buy this for PC rather than 360.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. is there cross platform play?

No, Microsoft can't let people know that Steam does everything XBL does but for free.

4. Eh I wouldn't go that far it's still got some issues, but it's getting there.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No, Microsoft can't let people know that Steam does everything XBL does but for free.
    wow. mentioning MS around you is like rubbing salt in a venarial wart sore. (not that i don't agree with you)

6. I'm definitely getting in on this once orange box comes out. Loved TF1

7. I played this game at Spent's house just but 30 minutes ago. Blew some nigga's up with the rocket launcher for a few rounds. It's awesome. I'm not sure I like the way Spies can completely destroy sentries, though. I would have prefered it if they just deactivated it for a short turn instead of them blowing up completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Trust me, it's needed.

Sentries are powerful enough as is, and if the engi is a big enough bitch to never leave his sentry, they are almost impossible to take out unless you switch to soldier or demoman.

9. Yeah seriously, sentries rock everyone else, for a spy to take out a good engineer if that engineer has backup he is going to die as well, and the sentries dont' die just cause the engy dies.

Engineers will usually have the highest kill total and the most amount of survival if they're good :/ they rock everyone else except demo, soldier and spy.

That sort of scheme applies to a lot of the way the game works. Scouts > Spies and Snipers for sure, heavies are owned by snipers kinda etc etc etc.

10. I really think they should have made it like it is in Quake Wars where sentries don't turn around and fire at shit that's behind them.

Then the spy could at least have a chance at taking out both the engi and the sentry whenever the two are guarding the same area.

As it is right now, it's pretty much impossible the accomplish that feat.

Right now it goes like this about 95% of the time:

you kill the engi, the sentry turns around and rages you, or, you kill the sentry, then the engi gets his shotgun out and kills you, and while you're dead, goes back to repair the sentry.