Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Cross Platform Play on Mac, PC, and PSN but not XBLA)

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Cross Platform Play on Mac, PC, and PSN but not XBLA)

On today's episode of Microsoft Still Sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will officially feature cross-platform play between the PS3, PC and Mac, Kotaku reports. To make the battlefield fair, PS3 players will be able to play with a keyboard and mouse; to make the battlefield completely favor PC/Mac users, PS3 players will also have the option of using a Move motion controller. Xbox 360 players will be able to play with a 360 controller, and maybe a live cat if they can figure out how to plug it in correctly (Protip: tail first.)

Valve bossman Gabe Newell has said he'd like to implement Steamworks on Xbox 360, but Microsoft has repeatedly resisted, instead placing restrictions on Xbox Live functionality. Global Offensive is Valve's second title after Portal 2 to use Steamworks on the PS3, and no one has burned down the Sony servers yet. Well, mostly.
    Link

IGN Preview
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Aug 2011 at 09:16 AM.

2. MS will never put Steam on Xbox Live

3. Blame GFWL.

4. Love CS. Played 1.6+source for years. Looking forward to playing it on my couch. However, the new character models, their animations, and the overall art of the maps look horrible - looks almost cartoony. They shoulda just went straight Source. The characters' feet look like they are weighed down by cement blocks. Hopefully just cause its early.

Also who the hell would ever want to play console vs PC in CS? You wouldnt stand a chance on console. PS3 has kb/m? Who uses that on their couch? Also, XBL party chat better be disabled ingame.

Honestly though, its well past time for CS to have a proper sequel. Oh wow, they added a new tunnel to dust. What are they waiting for...
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

PS3 can support Kb/M. It depends on the game. Unreal Tournament III supports it for example.

6. Man, I played the shit out of this game for like 5 years.

Dunno if there's any going back to it at this point. You can only play de_dust so many times.

Why not just make a new Counter-Strike?
    Last edited by jyoung; 27 Aug 2011 at 11:27 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Why not just make a new Counter-Strike?
    I've got some good news for you.

8. Yeah with this franchise I don't see how anyone playing on console will have even the slightest chance against people playing on PC, unless the former are amazing and the latter are 5 year olds. And the best map they had to show off the "new" game is dust2? Hasn't that map been out since before Source?

That said, CS has always been great, and I doubt that's changing now.

9. Actually, it will be nice to finally have an FPS that does this, just so people can shove their giant superior dicks into the "Oh it's just as good with a pad" assholes.

Exactly. Hopefully this has no aim assist or any other pussy console shit.