Thread: The War

1. The War

So I just finished watching part two of "The War", Ken Burns latest series. This one's based on America in World War 2. I didn't catch the first one, but the second one was interesting. The actual war stories have been done to death, so theres nothing new in those parts of it, but the stories from back home are relatively untold, and very compelling.

I was never interested in the various non war ones (Jazz, Baseball, etc) that Burns has done, but I loved his telling of the Civil War. I'll have to see more of this to determine where it rates, but for now I prefer the Civil War narrator to this new guy.

I watched a good portion of the first part last night. I find the most interesting thing to be the German subs off of Manhattan and in the Gulf of Mexico, torpedoing civilian ships when they'd leave port. It's not something I was unaware of, but I'd like to see more.

3. I thought this thread was going to be about the old Kevin Costner movie with the kids and the tree house. What a let down.