View Poll Results: Would you like to see the following waiver system change implemented?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football Poll

1. Fantasy Football Poll

Ok folks, so the current waiver system has 2 issues. The wait for players to go to free agency is far too long, and currently I have an unfair advantage in the fact that waivers clear during I time that I'm really the only one awake to get them.

So I move that we change the waiver period right now, and make it into 12 hours. This would fix both problems immediately. Free agents would be available quickly, and I would no longer have an advantage since waivers would open up at midday in the US (it would be a disadvantage for me, but I don't have a problem with that).

Yoshi keeps saying that we can't change the rules since money is collected. And that makes sense for changing things like scoring, and even how waiver order is made, since that would have a retroactive effect. But there's no reason to not change this system. There is no retroactive effect at all. this is only proactive, and changes nothing for any team (aside from myself). The only thing it would do is lessen down time. Therefore if everyone in the league would like to see this rule change implemented then we should make the change immediately.

So I move that we alter the waiver system to make it a 12 hour period, instead of the current 2 day. If 12 hour is not possible then we make it 1 day, which would mean my advantage remains, but the downtime would still be greatly shortened.

All in favor please vote yes, any not in favor of this change please vote no, and let us know why you do not favor this change.

Finally this will be an open poll, as that is necessary to make sure the only votes made in the poll that count are those made by people who are actually in the Fantasy Football league.
    Last edited by bbobb; 27 Sep 2007 at 07:39 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. This is not a poll, you noob.

And if I were voting, I hope there is an export the sand from Bbobb's vagina option.

3. LOL, I was making the poll as you posted. :P
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

The choices are no waivers, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, and 4 days. There is no 12 hour option.

5. Change it next season, although it's not very fair to me since I'm in the air a ton each month.

Add option 3 about exporting sand pls.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The choices are no waivers, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, and 4 days. There is no 12 hour option.
    Well then 1 day then. The lack of 12 hour option is just the shittiness of ESPN then.

Anyway, since Biff wants to wait till next year then there will be no unanimous choice so no change can be made.

7. Why is it fair to me that all you dicks without jobs that require travel or all day meetings can pluck the waiver wire while I'm stuck working on a 4th quarter forecast?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Biff-chan View Post
    Change it next season, although it's not very fair to me since I'm in the air a ton each month.

Add option 3 about exporting sand pls.
    I can't add options, only mods can it seems.

9. Vote for Bbobb 08!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Biff-chan View Post
    Why is it fair to me that all you dicks without jobs that require travel or all day meetings can pluck the waiver wire while I'm stuck working on a 4th quarter forecast?
    What are you talking about foo? There isn't really any plucking the waiver wire, you just add players you would want any time during the waiver period, then wait for em to clear.

It's plucking the free agents that is the thing you wouldn't be able to do.