Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

1. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Release date: Jan. 22, 2008
    Features: Local & Online Mutiplayer (w/ voice chat), Map Editor w/ Local & Online Map Trading

Synopsis:
    Almost 90% of mankind has been killed off following a devastating meteor strike that has caused a massive dust cloud to blot out the sun. Scattered survivors pick through the wreckage, and the remnants of several military superpowers patrol the ravaged landscape, some factions protecting the innocent while the others prey upon them. The two rival world superpowers, Rubinelle and Lazuria, continue to fight among the ruins of their countries, the few surviving military leaders of each side carrying on the conflict begun before the catastrophe. In their wake, various warlords rise to power, seizing scarce food rations from the defenseless survivors and attempting to assert their dominance in the absence of law and order. Follow the Rubinelle COs Will, Brenner, and Lin as they embark on a mission to rescue as many of the survivors as possible, with the help of the mysterious Isabella, an amnesiac girl who seems to know vital military secrets, and various other sympathetic factions.

New Units: (shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF)
    The Bike: A motorcycle mounted infantry unit provides mobile infantry for capturing cities and reconnaissance
    The Anti-Tank: A new indirect unit that has the ability to fire after moving, and counter-attack. As it's name suggests, it is probably very effective against tanks of all sorts.
    The Flare: New tank that can light up 3x3-square areas affected by fog of war. Equipped with machine guns.
    The Mobile Factory: Possibly also the APC, provides the ability to build temporary properties such as airports, and factories to produce units.
    Duster: New air unit, possess the ability to fire upon both ground and air units, providing greater flexibility.
    Gunboat: A transport naval unit with the ability to fire once upon an enemy naval ship
    Sea Plane: Produced from Carriers, not much is known, only that they make carriers more useful now.

New CO system:
    The CO is not an almighty watcher giving orders from atop their ivory tower as in the previous games, they are now actually present on the field of battle. CO power is built by engaging the enemy with the unit the CO is part of, so don't expect to just hang back out of harm's way. Units near the CO's position reap various and escalating stat bonuses as the CO power bar increases. Once the bar is full, you can deploy a CO Super Power as in the previous titles, but this will reset the CO power bar to zero, which in turn resets the power of the afforementioned stat boosts.

-----------------------------------
    TNL Friend Codes:

Bacon McShig: 330836 784008
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 23 Jan 2008 at 06:50 PM.

2. French?

I wonder if you're going to bother to re-vamp the gameplay, or just churn out another by-the-numbers title. Either way, I'll buy it. I love this series.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I like the new look.

4. Sold!

Although that was pretty much a given no matter what.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Someone saw a Wi-Fi Connect logo in the game at the same event these pictures were taken, so there will probably be online multiplayer.

I like the artstyle as well.

6. That combat shot looks like a pixely mess, nevermind the bad photo. That said, I'll give this a shot. I love the first GBA game.

7. I really like the new art style.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I wonder if you're going to bother to re-vamp the gameplay, or just churn out another by-the-numbers title.
    Online play's enough to justify this game's existence.

9. Seth's back. Hey.

I dig the new art style as well.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Like the look. I'll buy it.
    No gnus is good gnus.