Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant decide... Magic Knight Rayearth or Klonoa

1. I cant decide... Magic Knight Rayearth or Klonoa

Ok, so I went to the flea market this weekend, and found Klonoa Door to Phantomile. I had already rented and beaten it, but I really liked it and it was only ten bucks, so I got it. Then I went to work and found out that the trade in value for it was pretty sweet. The same day someone traded in Magic KNight Rayearth for the Saturn. Now Im thinking about trading in Klonoa for MKR. I will get Klonoa again for sure if I trade it in, but I dont want to pay out the ass fo it later. So which one is more rare? For those that have played both, how is MKR, and does it stack up against Klonoa in terms of fun/quality? I realise they are very diffrent games and that can be hard to answer. Also, Klonoa isnt mint condition, but MKR is. Near mint anyway. I would really like to get a Klonoa thats mint or near mint, but if its really that hard to find and expensive obtain in mint condition I might just hold on to this one till I can find one like that. Thanks, peace.
    A is for action

2. i must say, im extremely biased when it comes to Klonoa. so now that's i've warned you, i must say, get Klonoa.

3. Well, I already have it. Im just wondering if I will come across a mint condition Klonoa more often than a Mint condition Magic Knight Rayearth? If I get rid of Klonoa, I will eventually own it again. Its just that if its gonna be hard to find it at a reasonable price again then I'll just hang onto it and wait on MKR.

Z-roe
    A is for action

4. I'd say keep the Klonoa, too. MKR is more rare...but it really isn't that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. You can buy a new Magic Knight Rayearth at www.videogamedepot.com for about $39, I would keep Klonoa and buy Magic Knight Rayearth

6. Yeah, I jumped on that MKR offer over there when they first announced it. Now I have a new sealed copy waiting to be played. Just hold your horses, MKR. You'll get your play as soon as Link and I are done fixing the seasons over here.

7. MKR is more rare...but it really isn't that good.
    Sort of agreed (though, I didn't know Rayearth was rare...). Rayearth was great when it came out in 1995. Heck, I popped it in the other day and I'm still amazed by the art direction and the sprite graphics.

But by the time Working Designs butchered it and brought it out in what... 1999? It just wasn't so special anymore.

Funny how one of the first Saturn games became the very last one in the US.

8. I don't know if it's rare, exactly. I stopped looking for it a while ago. But when I was looking I couldn't find it to save my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. MKR is a great game !!
    I agree with these guys - Keep Klonoa and buy MKR for $39 new.

- Kabuki

10. You guys are trying to make me poor. ;_;

Fine fine... I didnt like having a plus balance in my account anyway.

Sin and Punishment,Popful Mail, MKR, a bunch more... sigh*. There need to be a sticker on games when they are released for the first time that says, "If you dont buy this now, you will likely be paying just as much or twice as much for a used copy on ebay in 4-5 years!".

Z-roe
    A is for action