Page 1 of 21 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Senko no Ronde Coming for Xbox 360

1. Senko no Ronde Coming for Xbox 360

G.Rev has announced that Senko no Ronde will be going to Xbox 360, according to GameKult and InsertCredit. Unfortunately, Sega's shutdown of its DC page for upcoming titles doesn't bode well for a DC version.

I'd like to see G.Rev leave the region lock out of this title when they bring it over to X360. It's questionable to shut the current gen (PS2/Xbox/Dreamcast/GameCube) out of a Naomi title, especially when these four systems can handle it.

I've just signed Dream-storming.com's SNR Dreamcast petition, which at the moment has 365 signatures.

Senko no Ronde, Under Defeat, and Rajirugi would make a good final group of titles for the DC. I know it has to end sometime, but not just yet.

Is Senko no Ronde vertical or horizontal?

3. Why oh why in the year 2005 are people griping about a game not coming to the Dreamcast? Stupidity has reached the next level, so to speak.

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Why oh why in the year 2005 are people griping about a game not coming to the Dreamcast? Stupidity has reached the next level, so to speak.
    I'm not going to defend the shitting on of various threads that you've been doing lately, but this time you have a point.

I think it's time to move on. Can releasing a Dreamcast game even be close to profitable anymore? I'm asking seriously, because I find it hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    Can releasing a Dreamcast game even be close to profitable anymore? I'm asking seriously, because I find it hard to believe.
    Well, the port can't cost much to make, so if they can sell 10,000 copies they probably make money.

6. Releasing a DC game wasn't all that profitable when the system was alive. Now it's just a matter of providing a product to a niche audience.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Releasing a DC game wasn't all that profitable when the system was alive. Now it's just a matter of providing a product to a niche audience.
    I doubt they are running a charity for poor, deprived shooter fans. It has to be profitable, or they wouldn't keep doing it (unless they're Sega).

8. Kron, I'd like a word with you...

9. I don't care about it not coming to DC, I do care that if it comes out on 360, its not likely to hit our shores, and the lagtime in having a 360 that will allow me to play the import makes me a sad panda.

Still, the fact that its coming home at all makes me happy, I've been looking forward to playing this game with my friends for a long time.
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Is Senko no Ronde vertical or horizontal?
    Uh, it's top-down, but it's not really a traditional shooter. Imagine if a shooter mated with Virtual On. It's really unique, and the videos make it look like a great 2 player game. I dunno how fun it would be alone though. I'm guessing the decision to go to X360 had something to do with wanting a strong online component (and the current Xbox not having a strong market in japan).