Page 11 of 358 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    OK Mr. Man, you tell me how software is developed. And do it in one shot, because I'd like to take you down in one post.
    Software is developed when a bird has had enough to eat that it pushes the excess out of its boo hole. The software then lands on any solid surface and ferments. When the bird droppings sit so long that the surface begins to deteriorate, then testing begins. If the software supports life, it's ready for the shelves! If it doesn't, its cleaned with urine and the process begins anew!

The Wii has a much higher percentage of shit and lower percentage of quality than the PS3, 360 and even shovelware-heavy PS2.
    There's shit on everything.
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero View Post
    ???

Aside from Prince of Persia (which sucked) I see no problems with the games you mentioned getting a Wii port. Rygar is at least getting reworked from the Ps2 version. Wii controls apparently work well with RE4 and if it's not your thing the game works with normal controllers, plus it's Capcom for chrissake, a port should have been expected. I'm happy to see Okami on Wii, the controls would be great for the drawing and the game might get some sales it missed out on originally. I'm not a major fan of many Wii titles, but respect for good ones. *-neo
    What was the line we were fed regarding the benefits of having an underpowered Wii? If I recall correctly, it centered around coaxing more developers with lower development costs and faster development times. How has this been taken advantage of? By straight porting past-gen titles with no upgrades aside from tacking on waggle controls. This was the worst possible scenario.

RE4 is great because it's RE4. The waggle controls actually work very well with it, but that's not why it's a good game. Also, it looks like Capcom straight ported over the PS2 RE4 exclusives with no visual upgrades. If so, that's even more half-assed BS. At least they seem to have added more enemies.

If Rygar is getting re-worked, that's one thing, but I want to see something signficant for a generational leap.

VB had two solid releases on the PS2, and a pretty damn good GBA appearance. From the feedback I've received so far, the Wii version is ruined by its controls, which extends beyond the Wii-mote to the CC and GC controllers. I can't help but think forcing on motion sensing controls attributed to this complete breakdown. Also, from what I've read, there's no widescreen or 480p support, either. Almost sounds like it was supposed to be a PS2 game.
    Last edited by Gooch; 21 Oct 2007 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Lee Evans is a very good wide receiver, but not close to great.

Unfortunately the Bills have no legit #2 WR, so teams can double-team Evans all day, and no QB to get him the ball -- although Edwards shows potential as he at least makes good decisions. Evans also tends to play lazy sometimes, which has hurt his productivity.

The moral of the story -- things aren't always black and white.

Evans in an established offense would put up big numbers. You can't say he's a shit player just because be plays on a struggling team anymore than you can label all Wii games shit just because they are on what you consider to be a shit system.
    So Evans could be great on another team, just like Wii games could be great if they were on PS3 or 360. Agreed.

4. Yes, looking at his comments that way, for once PBMax is right on the button. Normally, if the guy owned a funeral home, no one would be dying.

By the way, PB, I never bought Strikers because I didn't want to play anyone as horrible as you. You lost your first 10 games, after all.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post

RE4 is great because it's RE4. The waggle controls actually work very well with it, but that's not why it's a good game. Also, it looks like Capcom straight ported over the PS2 RE4 exclusives with no visual upgrades. If so, that's even more half-assed BS. At least they seem to have added more enemies.
    I'm taking it you didn't even play the wii verison. The wii verison with the added better control had widescreen mode and the added Ada side mission mode, where you played 5 stages as her.

6. I owned the Wii version for two weeks before selling it off. I tried to sell it on this board, too. The Ada mission mode is the PS2 exclusive I'm talking about. The PS2 version had widescreen as well. What's your point?

Those would be the PS2 exclusives he was talking about. The PS2 version had widescreen support and the Ada side missions.

edit: Damn it, Gooch. lol

8. Hmm I was looking at comparisons on eb and it didn't mention em there.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    VB had two solid releases on the PS2, and a pretty damn good GBA appearance. From the feedback I've received so far, the Wii version is ruined by its controls, which extends beyond the Wii-mote to the CC and GC controllers. I can't help but think forcing on motion sensing controls attributed to this complete breakdown. Also, from what I've read, there's no widescreen or 480p support, either. Almost sounds like it was supposed to be a PS2 game.
    VB?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    So Evans could be great on another team, just like Wii games could be great if they were on PS3 or 360. Agreed.
    The Bills are a very young team, running a new offense, with a new RB and QB. They are just trying to find out what works and what doesn't.

Just like the Wii -- a completely new input device takes time and experimentation to figure out what works and what doesn't.

You could call the 360 and PS3 the Patriots -- the same, extremely basic offense executed to perfection by adding lots of high-powered, flashy receivers.

The Wii doesn't have the luxury of 20 years of learned experience with its controller like the PS3 and 360 do. With any new technology there is initially a lot of crap produced while developers get their heads around the technology, figure out what it's good at, and learn how to implement software that uses it to its maximum potential.

The shovelware Wii ports are just a factor of the system initially selling more than many publishers expected and now becoming the market leader. The market leader has always had, and always will have, piles of quick cash-in ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    By the way, PB, I never bought Strikers because I didn't want to play anyone as horrible as you. You lost your first 10 games, after all.
    When you grow the balls to step up let me know.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Just like the Wii -- a completely new input device takes time and experimentation to figure out what works and what doesn't.

You could call the 360 and PS3 the Patriots -- the same, extremely basic offense executed to perfection by adding lots of high-powered, flashy receivers.
    So the PS3 and 360 are made of win and the Wii may or not be any good in 5 years. Great, thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    When you grow the balls to step up let me know.
    Macho posturing can be applied to many things.

A mascot soccer game aimed at kids and women is not on the list.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico