Page 344 of 358 FirstFirst ... 330340342343344345346348 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3578

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. Suckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. No, they're nice...
    Donk

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    These pins are fucking stupid.
    Hey it could be worse.

Pokemon

4. Sorry, none of those games have any of their established brands in them and will sell about 4 units. The last niche game they published in the US (Sin and Punishment 2) really lit up the sales charts. When Nintendo said they were going after "core" gamers again, they really meant people who have been buying their games for the last 20 years.

Side question: Are any of these games people are demanding worth playing? I honestly don't know fuck all about any of them.

5. They're more worth playing than anything Nintendo has published for the Wii in the last month or two. Anything that doesn't actively suck has to be better than nothing.

James

6. Xenoblade is supposed to be legitimately good, I believe. The other two I'm not sure of.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Sorry, none of those games have any of their established brands in them and will sell about 4 units. The last niche game they published in the US (Sin and Punishment 2) really lit up the sales charts. When Nintendo said they were going after "core" gamers again, they really meant people who have been buying their games for the last 20 years.
    Part of this spamming campaign was to get these games highly ranked on Amazon by actively preordering; Xenoblade was up ranked #1 in the entire games department for a bit. It'd sell decently even if it's just to people forgetting to cancel their preorder.

Anyway, I don't buy this "Nintendo can't sell a new IP" bullshit. Especially with RPGs. They've raised millions of kids on gateway drugs to the genre with Pokemon and Zelda, and they can't parlay any of that interest to something that skews a little older? They recently made Dragon Quest IX a huge hit in a market that gave not one shit about Dragon Quest for years. If they put forth the tiniest bit of effort into marketing, I'm certain they could make decent sellers out of these.

I should probably add that this isn't just a plea to localize these games from scratch; They're already being localized for Europe. Ostensibly, all NOA has to do in all this is press some discs. Football Manager games notwithstanding, anything that is published in NA will almost automatically sell more copies than it will in Europe, simply due to size of the market. This should hold especially true on Wii, as NA is the system's strongest market by leaps and bounds over any other. It's just nonsensical to publish in one market and deny the other, especially with a release slate as barren as NOA's.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 02 Jul 2011 at 10:21 AM.

8. New Zelda game. Link collects Pokemon, Yoshi cameo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I should probably add that this isn't just a plea to localize these games from scratch; They're already being localized for Europe.
    Xenoblade was. Last Story wasn't confirmed until earlier this week and Pandora's Tower wasn't confirmed until about 30 minutes ago.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Xenoblade was. Last Story wasn't confirmed until earlier this week and Pandora's Tower wasn't confirmed until about 30 minutes ago.
    So then....zero reason to not have these in the US? Fuck you, Nintendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.