Page 354 of 358 FirstFirst ... 340350352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3578

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. How can a consumer educate themselves if a company is allowed to hide all the shit it's doing? If you buy something from some company on the Mississippi river, are you going to fly there first to make sure it's not dumping into the water?
    Nothing in life is all or nothing. There's balance and moderation needed for everything. How can you be an adult and not see that? People are greedy and self centered and will do whatever they want as long as they think no one is looking.

2. Didn't the 2000 documentary "Erin Brockovich" cover all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    How can a consumer educate themselves if a company is allowed to hide all the shit it's doing? If you buy something from some company on the Mississippi river, are you going to fly there first to make sure it's not dumping into the water?
    The original article that started this discussion is an example of consumers finding out what companies are doing without any government getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Nothing in life is all or nothing. There's balance and moderation needed for everything. How can you be an adult and not see that?
    Is your story this?

People are greedy and self centered and will do whatever they want as long as they think no one is looking.
    Or this?

edit: For the record, I am not in favor of wiping out all regulation, but we have way more than we should. And when you think about how paid for most of Washington probably is, God knows who wrote the regulations that are there.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Aug 2012 at 08:56 PM.

4. Those arent seperate stories. Balance and moderation are needed. An entity left to its own devices will adhere to neither.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I would never buy a product from a company I knew was dumping shit in a river.
    I guarantee you that you have. Market forces don't work in situations like this - that's the whole point. In fact, they encourage it.

6. Regulations are good to a point. Anyone who says otherwise is retarded. The only argument is over where the point regulations become unnecessarily restrictive is.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If people weren't fucking retarded
    About that...
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Hey look another "collection" that's missing a bunch of games in the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby's_Dream_Collection

Kirby's Dream Land
    Kirby's Adventure
    Kirby's Dream Land 2
    Kirby Super Star
    Kirby's Dream Land 3
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
    I'm pretty sure you can get all of those separately for cheaper than the $40 this thing retails for.

9. I'll still buy it. Kirby is cute.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

10. Still better than Mario All Stars on a DVD.