Page 356 of 358 FirstFirst ... 342352354355356357358 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 3578

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. It really makes no sense since you can get one used for 80 at Gamestop or cheaper on Ebay. A new system with everything is only $140.00. If you are that poor and 40 bucks is really going to be a life-changer, buy something else. Perhaps cheese.

The system itself looks neat and I'd buy one if it wasn't "gimped".

2. It's not even that small. I was picturing something like the OnLive box but it's like 80% the size of the Wii.

3. I could live without the internet connectivity because I only need a Wii in order to play a handful of single player exclusives, but composite video is unacceptable. They save nothing by omitting it and are giving up the potential sales of their overpriced component cables.
    What's really sad is that the Canadian market isn't just getting this as an exclusive, it's also going to be the only Wii model available going forward.

4. It's a good thing Canada doesn't matter.

Maybe the Wii U is just the ass backwards British spelling of Wii.

6. So Canada is now a massive test market....

My launch day Wii bit the dust two weeks ago. Nintendo wanted to charge me $85 for repairs and to keep it for around 2 weeks. I said that price was ridiculous for this POS system and they offered to fix it for $60 almost immediately, which I thought was bizarre. I agreed but looked around for a used GC-compatible Wii anyway.

Found one in great condition for $30. Had to call in to disable parental controls, so I figured I'd ask about transferring game licenses. Dude said they don't do it. I provided a small list of cases where either licenses were transferred or credit was issued. Dude agreed to do the transfer as a one-time deal if I promised (fucking lol btw) not to spread it around because it really was an exception he shouldn't be doing. Wanted me to mail in both systems to do it; fully unacceptable. What about lost or stolen systems where licenses are transferred after filing a police report? Fucking lol at having to do that, too.

Asked for a supervisor 3 times before he transferred me. Supervisor tried to give me the whole speech about how the software is tied to the console, nothing they can do blah blah blah so I had to start from scratch. He offered me the same deal where I mail them both in; still said no. The best he could do was to offer a free repair on my original system. It's still dumb as shit, but I finally agreed to it. I guess I have a backup Wii now.

The best part is that I did this all for my Sin and Punishment and Punch-Out!! purchases that were made before I even knew that the licenses were stuck on the system.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Wouldn't a person just hack the planet at that point? What are you doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Yeah, you're absolutely right.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery