Page 5 of 358 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. I'm sorry Yoshi, i was only cranky because i'd been raking leaves. i'm glad you took it positively.
    Donk

What can I say? I'm just a ray of sunshine.

3. 67% of Wii users aren't playing according to Famitsu publisher.

And LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Well duh.

Wii's are just another fad in Japan, everyone's buying them but no one gives a fuck about the games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I haven't turned on my Wii to play it myself ever. Not even once.

My girlfriend uses it every now and then. Honestly I'll probably put some time into Zelda and Mario Galaxy once I've gone through all that the 360 and the PS3 have to offer over the end of this year, but still.

6. That's hardly suprising. It's not like there's anything that actually begs to be played either. Grandma and little Suzie's sleepover friends are losing interest. I wonder what this holiday's Wii attachment rate will be. Oh, I know, 1 copy of Mario Galaxy with every console, and everything else on the Wii sells half as much.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    67% of Wii users aren't playing according to Famitsu publisher.
    This story has been repeated a lot but seriously where did he get those numbers? What exactly is his definition of not playing "lately." Without those answers it's just analyst BS.

Someone must be playing all those Wii games sold...
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

8. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Someone must be playing all those Wii games sold...
    All what wii games sold?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I hope Nintendo hangs itself.

Themselves.

Whatever.

10. well, I have played some 360 games, mainly when I'm visiting the folks. Bioshock was great, but short. Halo 3 was Halo and short. Fight Night was surprisingly good. Crackdown was GTA minus the beating hookers and with nifty super powers...

Honest, I'm disappointed in the Wii, but only in terms of what it was originally pitched as and what its delivered. Metroid Prime 3 is a blast and its control scheme is refreshing from the droves of other FPSs out there, but that's one game out of how many? A lack of third party games is stiffling and the ones that do come to the Wii lack any forethought into how to develop around this new controller. Rather they grab a PS2/PSP game, stick some 'waggle' in it and shove it out the door. It's stuff like this that's disappointing - especially when forums and game sites find the saving grace in a Wii game being the use of the GC/Classic Controller.

That said, I still enjoy the games I have. And as far as the 360 is concerned, the games I've played are pretty fun and pretty to look at. BUT...it's nothing I haven't essentially played on the PS2 or XBox. Same genres, same conventions, same promises of next gen being more than just pretty graphics, but it really is just that. Granted I'd love to grab a 360 and eventually a PS3, but paying a high-ticket price when I already have a huge catalogue of unfinished games from last gen seems silly to play games that all rely on the conventions of last gen. They refine them and improve on the formula, but they're still the same song and dance.

The Wii isn't shaping up to be any better, but it was promising to try something new, and gave developers something much like the DS - forced innovation through changing the rules. Just like the DS too, developers are more interested in circumventing this and creating games that rely on the conventional. So while I told myself to wait to play prettier versions of the same deal, I gambled on a Wii because I thought there would be something 'different' than what I was guaranteed to get on the other consoles.

May have been a bad bet, but at least the games are entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.