View Poll Results: Select

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own or have owned both systems.

10 14.93%
  • I own or have owned a Vectrex but not a Virtual Boy.

5 7.46%
  • I own or have owned a Virtual Boy but not a Vectrex.

19 28.36%
  • I have never owned either.

33 49.25%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two V's

1. I love VB, and I'm pissed that I never hoarded parts from Nintendo's online store before they got rid of them. I could use a new eyeshield.

Plenty of good titles for VB, and plenty of promising looking ones never made it out. I'm hoping that the Bound High prototype will someday be dumped, but the guy sitting on the one doesn't seem like he really wanted to share. Would be nice if one for Dragon Hopper surfaced someday, too.

I have much more limited experience with Vectrex. The only one I've ever played on (possibly ever seen, even) was on the counter at Cafe Metropolis in Wilkes-Barre, a venue I used to go to shows at all the time. Would like to pick one up someday, but I probably won't.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    I don't know why I don't sell my Vectrex.
    Because it's the best game system of the early 80s?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Red Alarm was pretty good, but Vertical Force wasn't that great.
    I just like it because it reminds me of Blade Eagle 3D

3. Blade Eagle 3D.... I had high hopes for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Because it's the best game system of the early 80s?
    I think the C64's 1983 line up would have it beat, at least in quantity of good games across several genres. The same with Atari's 8-bit line but I guess that technically came out in the '70s. The Vectrex would win for shooters, though.

5. It's all personal opinion of course, but Colecovision says, "Hi".

6. 2600 says FU.

Admittedly, Coleco was pretty awesome especially with the driving controller and Turbo. I will always be partial to 2600 since it is my first console.

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I think the C64's 1983 line up would have it beat, at least in quantity of good games across several genres. The same with Atari's 8-bit line but I guess that technically came out in the '70s. The Vectrex would win for shooters, though.
    When I said game system I meant dedicated game system (i.e. console).
    Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    2600 says FU.
    2600 came out in 1978
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena View Post
    It's all personal opinion of course, but Colecovision says, "Hi".
    Colecovision had some pretty great stuff, but I dunno... Vectrex has some really awesome arcade shooters.

8. I don't need to have played a Vectrex, to know there's no way it's better than Colecovision. The notion is preposterous in fact.

9. fuck, I'm in agreement with Compass again...can I change my answer?

10. Anyone who even half pays attention knows that, pound for pound, my posts are filled with more truth than any other, save maybe korian.