Thread: The Simpsons Game

1. The Simpsons Game

I was worried about this game. As always, the Simpsons games have been outright horrible... but Hit and Run was actually pretty fun.

I downloaded the demo and it features Homer and Bart as playable characters where you run around Springfield trying to take out the Giant Lardlad mascot who shoots lazers at you.

It was actually a lot of fun. It's simple and similar to Hit and Run. They changed the graphics to cell shading but other than that, it's almost Hit and Run 2.

I'm a huge Simpsons fan, so maybe I'm easily amused, but I like.

2. Demo's fun, the graphics rule, Kent Brockman's running commentary is hilarious, but the camera sucks shit. Hopefully the final game's camera is better.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 10 Oct 2007 at 04:31 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. It's crazy to think of how many Simpsons games there's been.

Hit and Run was probably the best one, so if this is similar I'm down to try the demo. I'd love for this game to be good.

4. Every time I think of this I pray that it's similar set up to H&R, like a sandbox type affair. Is the demo on Live? If it is it'll be a while til I'm able to play it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It's crazy to think of how many Simpsons games there's been.

Hit and Run was probably the best one, so if this is similar I'm down to try the demo. I'd love for this game to be good.
    no. Barts Nightmare and Arcade beat the shit out of most everything video game simpsons. Bart vs The Space Mutants a close 3rd, being incredibly hard when i played it as a young kid.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. The levels aren't sandbox but they are rather open. You are able to look for several collectables in each level.

The demo is really fun though. I played it co-op with my girlfriend and she didn't want to stop playing. Trying to take out Lardlad is good stuff.

The full game looks to have many video game cliches and parodies which is great for most of us, I'd think.

7. I liked the demo, and I'll play this someday, but not until next year when it's cheap and I've finished all the awesome shit coming out over the next three months.

8. I loved it but the camera was crappy. It looks damn nice and the voice acting was really funny. Might pick it up used but not full price.