View Poll Results: Select

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own or have owned both systems.

10 14.93%
  • I own or have owned a Vectrex but not a Virtual Boy.

5 7.46%
  • I own or have owned a Virtual Boy but not a Vectrex.

19 28.36%
  • I have never owned either.

33 49.25%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two V's

1. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I fixed the numbers, but you're still listed as a Vectrex-only owner.
    Cool, thanks. I wrote up a more in-depth reply on the two systems but then clicked off the page and lost it. I'll re-write it after lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Quote Originally Posted by K3V View Post
    Cool, thanks. I wrote up a more in-depth reply on the two systems but then clicked off the page and lost it. I'll re-write it after lunch.
    noob confirmed!!!!!! <3

3. I've wanted to pick up a Vectrex for a while now but I just haven't seen one cheap enough yet. I still own a Virtual Boy, but I can't play it for more than about a half hour without getting a headache.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    noob confirmed!!!!!! <3
    Stop trolling. You suck at it.

5. I was too young for the Vectrex, but got the Virtual Boy when it launched. Both systems are great. Wish we could get homebrews or unreleased titles like with the Vectrex for the VBoy.

The only problem with the Vectrex is the really neat accessories cost an arm and a leg. The games are fun and I've been meaning to get Narzod for a long time.

We have a complete US Virtual Boy collection and the games I like the best are still the ones I got when the system was alive: Mario Tennis, Mario Clash, Wario Land (which was a superb side scroller)

6. Back in '97 I was at a flea market and this old lady had some little black tv thing with a controller hooked up to it. I looked it over and my wife at the time was all, "Omg! That's a Vectrex, we used to have one when I was a kid!" I looked at it more closely and asked the woman if she had any games for it. She said she didn't, but my wife let me know that it had Asteroids built into it. Being the big videogame freak that I was I knew I wanted it, but initially balked at the $40 the lady was asking. I decided WTF, I've never seen one before I might as well pick it up.
    I did, the wife and I had a blast with it and a year later during one of my "I hate games and need to sell this shit" periods I sold it on eBay for $200.00.

I've been considering getting another one lately, especially since they seem to be going for a fraction of what they used to sell for.

7. Looking at the Vectrex, I'd really like one of those.

I need to locate a good flea market around the Cleveland area.

Brand, Mech, maybe even Biff if he actually plays games, we should hit on up.

8. I really thought this thread was going to be about videogames and vagina

9. I played the Virtual Boy at the kiosk in Blockbuster video. It made my eyes burn.
    Time for a change

10. Yeah, my only exposure to the VB was playing one at a kiosk. After 5 minutes I was going crosseyed with a headache and decided it wasn't for me.

I have never seen a Vectrex in person.

I have never personally known anyone who has owned either, AFAIK.
    -Kyo