View Poll Results: Select

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I own or have owned both systems.

10 14.93%
  • I own or have owned a Vectrex but not a Virtual Boy.

5 7.46%
  • I own or have owned a Virtual Boy but not a Vectrex.

19 28.36%
  • I have never owned either.

33 49.25%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two V's

1. I really liked that VB Golf game. I had Tennic, Panic Bomber, and Pinball as well. Can't remember what else. I got the VB when they were clearanceing them out at retail. I think I paid like $30. I enjoyed it, but there really is no comfortable way to play it. I usually ended up laying on my back on the floor and balancing the thing on top of my head. It would squish my nose that way but it was the lesser of the playing position evils.

2. I picked up my first Virtual Boy when Blockbuster was clearing them out. Paid $30 for the system and the nifty hard plastic carrying case. Warioland was my favorite, though Mario Tennis and Galactic Pinball got a lot of playtime as well.
    GP even with its quite questionable physics still managed to be a lot of fun. I never liked Red Alarm. With everything being wire formed I often found myself getting stuck either in front or behind walls.

3. I have a Vectrex, and the VB's been on my list forever, but I haven't gotten around to it. I should snag one soon if only for Wario. Vertical Force and Red Alarm are cool, too.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I have a Vectrex, and the VB's been on my list forever, but I haven't gotten around to it. I should snag one soon if only for Wario. Vertical Force and Red Alarm are cool, too.
    Red Alarm was pretty good, but Vertical Force wasn't that great. Wario is definitely the best game on VB.

I thought I typed it in the first post but I guess I didn't: Yokoi died ten years ago today.

6. I don't know why I don't sell my Vectrex.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

7. I've owned two Virtual Boys. I loved Galactic Pinball (lost my cart for this ;_;), Teleroboxer, Wario Land, Mario Tennis (haven't played any other versions of this, though), and Mario Clash. Funny thing, too, since I just stumbled across a VB cart last night. I might have to play some shit.

I love early vector arcade games, so I'd imagine I'd love the Vectrex. Haven't seen one in real life, though.

8. Oh yeah, you can come to the flea market too.

9. There's nothing quite like the solid click of the Vectrex's "on" switch and then hearing the monitor warm up and begin to buzz.

The VB was neat but gave me a headache.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.