Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Paper Crafts

1. I can't believe I forgot about the Magikarp. Made it for my boyfriend as a joke. Thank Tain for reminding me (carf carf)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	karp.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	33295  

2. Also, finished one of the FFXI characters for a friend. White mage Mithra. It took way too long.

Name:	Photo 7.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	33339  

3. Made one more, a character from Pop'n Music that my boyfriend usually picks.

Name:	Photo 1.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	34013  

4. The Magikarp and that swan thing are awesome.

5. b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nomi View Post
    I use glue stick only, and heavy-grade construction paper or lightweight cardstock. You get absolutely no glue marks that way, and it adds a mild 3d effect of the layered paper casting slight shadows if you go heavy on the gluestick. I like to do that for accessory pieces sometimes on my larger pieces.

Also, are you drawing your pieces out? It looks like there are pencil lines. When I need an outline, I take a mechanical pencil with no lead, blunt the tip down, and then press that against the paper. It leaves a VERY hard to see indentation that I can use as a cutting guideline.
    Another good way to go is draw backwards - draw on the "back" of paper, then cut and glue. So if you want someone with a right arm out, draw a left arm, cut, flip, ta-da! Nomi's tips is actually more awesome but if you are hard of seeing (like me!), flipped drawing works.

Also paper toys are awesome. I made a Link from Wind Waker that actually had moving parts. It looked like a mess, but it worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I made a Link from Wind Waker that actually had moving parts. It looked like a mess, but it worked!
    pics plz
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Another good way to go is draw backwards - draw on the "back" of paper, then cut and glue. So if you want someone with a right arm out, draw a left arm, cut, flip, ta-da! Nomi's tips is actually more awesome but if you are hard of seeing (like me!), flipped drawing works.

Also paper toys are awesome. I made a Link from Wind Waker that actually had moving parts. It looked like a mess, but it worked!
    Huh, never really thought of that. I might try it sometime. I'm making a FFXI thief to complement the white mage I made for my roommate. Time to experiment!