Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airship - I am drawing an airship

1. Airship - I am drawing an airship

So I've really been into drawing airships the last few days.

Anyway, I am doing a drawing of a little airship. Well, it's actually pretty big, but the drawing is not that big.

Either way, here is a little work in progress thread. I'll post more as I finish it.

I'm doing it in a really loose style, not worried about straight lines, trying to keep it very organic.

First up here is the piece with the background texture and a bit of the ship in progress. Being built as it were!

More details!

And even more... I am taking a break to relax and eat some food. Let me know what you think!

We are cooking now, the airship is getting pretty close to being finished now, just need to add a bit more.

Woo, the airship is pretty much done I am thinking. Perhaps I'll change a few small details as I look at it more. But the next update will be the full completed piece!

A bit of ye olde background filled in. Looks like a interesting place to visit so far I think.

Bit more updating on the background.

Add in the rest of the background, another airship off in the distance and we are all done.

I'll post up a few close up shots showing all the detail, a few other jules verne-esque/steampunk type sketches, plus a desktop wallpaper in a bit as well.
    Last edited by Kidnemo; 10 Oct 2007 at 11:06 AM.

2. wow. i like seeing stuff pile up on this thing. is that an apartment building or townhouse on that thing?

3. That's pretty rocking. What are you drawing this with?

4. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    wow. i like seeing stuff pile up on this thing. is that an apartment building or townhouse on that thing?
    We have housing units available to meet all of our customers living needs, I have shot you a phamplet over and look forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    That's pretty rocking. What are you drawing this with?
    Photoshop cs, wacom tablet, with a plain ole 3px black brush.

5. Are there... whore's on this airship?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Are there... whore's on this airship?
    Maybe!

They prefer to be called "working ladies" I believe.

(first post updated with another WIP shot)

7. Zupdated ye olde first post.

8. Who flies the airship?
    Time for a change

Jesus.

10. Nah. Jesus built the airship. It's a love affair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.