Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airship - I am drawing an airship

1. First post updated with final image.

2. Artistically it's a great illustration, but technically that airship is doomed to failure without the inclusion of firearms. Watching the progression is fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

It just so looks like it won't fly without pixie dust. Other than that I love everything about it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. fucking awesome, once again you've done an amazing job.

I want the wallpaper, btw.

5. it flies because it's made out of nemoite, a material that's lighter than air. and it's italics bold underlined FANTASTIC
    Donk

6. i want to fly on kidnemos airship.

7. Here are some rough sketches that inspired, or were inspired by the airship drawing above:

This robot pic I really like how it turned out, and I think the next full size piece is going to be a robot "cross-section" pic like this one:

8. Kidnemo, do you like Geof Darrow?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Kidnemo, do you like Geof Darrow?
    I had no idea who he was when I read your post, so I popped over to google to check it out...

and I LOVE his art!

What is funny though, is I haven't seen it, or even thought it about it for probably 15 years. When I was still a young lad and in junior or high school and reading comics all the time, I read Hard Boiled and I was totally blown away.

There was one double page layout in particular that I still remember where the main character is in a car that is shooting through a window or a wall, into this huge room with an orgy going on. There was so much detail, and sex too (which is probably a big part of why I remember it), it was just awesome.

He influenced me hugely back then and I was drawing everything super detailed just like him.

For whatever reason I quit drawing for about ten years and just started up a few years ago again.

I recently I've got back into this "little details" oriented style and couldn't remember why I loved it so much.

Thinking back I'm sure it was because of Hard Boiled and Geof Darrow.

Phew, sorry bout the long post, just typing whatever floods into my mind here.

Good looking out Doc, you brought back some great memories and I now have to track down his stuff.

10. That was first thing that came to mind when I saw this. The detail is a stark contrast to Washed Away's sweet simplicity.

Glad to know there's another Hard Boiled fan out there. EDIT! Oh if you haven't followed him for a few years check out Shaolin Cowboy. It's fun!

Last edited by Doc Holliday; 10 Oct 2007 at 11:56 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt