Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162
Results 1,611 to 1,617 of 1617

Thread: Official Halo 3 Thread

It doesn't surprise me that Epic doesn't know anything about net code.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. Help the Haitians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku
    Bungie's mobilizing the Halo community to join the Haiti recovery effort. On Wednesday, the studio encourages players to wear a special emblem supporting Haiti relief and pledges to donate up to $77,000 depending on how many participate.

For every 1,000 players who don the emblem on Wednesday or Thursday next week, in either Halo 3 or Halo 3:ODST, Bungie will donate $100 to the Red Cross' relief efforts for Haiti. Essentially, they're betting they can get 770,000 players to make the gesture in a two day span. I'd say that's likely.

That's one aspect of their philanthropy. The other is a special edition of the Superintendent "Be a Hero" T-shirt. Bungie says 100 percent of the shirt's $19.99 price will also go to Haiti's recovery through the American Red Cross.

Instructions on how to fit yourself with the Haiti recovery emblem in Halo 3 or ODST are at the link. The event will run from 12:01 a.m. PST Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. PST Thursday.

Be a Hero! [Bungie.net]
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Thats very awesome. I remember when Bungie did something similar for Katrina.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. <3

I was coming to spam that link. Thanks Advocate! Here is the shirt

5. I realize this must be old news to some, but I'm finding it quite vexing. I have some local friends that wanted to play Halo, so I was practicing up a bit...and I find there's no way at all to play matchmaking with any of the DLC maps. I have them all, but the only playlists that include them "require the Mythic disc". I have the Mythic map pack, which I guess isn't adequate.

Unless I'm missing something, that's some total BS right there. If there's something on that disc not available to H3 owners, why not offer it for download? They're essentially forcing purchase of ODST, just so you get the included H3 multiplayer you've already paid extra for.

6. Its pretty lame how its set up - but while the majority of the playlists dont require the DLC or mythic stuff now - all the playlists STILL have those new maps in the rotation though. Of course everyone in current match is going to have the map for it to pop up. If your friends dont have those maps it should be no problem getting into almost any playlist now.

According to Bungie, right around xmas their numbers showed the vast majority of people still playing online were using the mythic disc anyways. Im not buying that for one second. I rarely see the new mythic maps. If anything, it sucks for owners of the mythic disk from ODST because they basically took out the option to play those new maps. I havent seen 16 player Longshore (my favorite map and player count) since October. "Hey buy ODST and get new maps - oh guess what - you cant play them in matchmaking anymore!" Thats incredibly stupid.

They are always shifting and changing the playlists - once each month basically - but they need more mythic disk only playlists. The got rid of Big Team mythic for no reason at all. Now all big team is, is sand trap and valhalla. Longshore simply does not come up at all - a map you basically paid extra for. Lame.

They better straighten this stuff out for Reach.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

7. Mythic map pack is available for d/l on Feb 2nd.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.