Thread: Shin Megami Tensei

PlayStation 3 Shin Megami Tensei

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Box
    Rumor: Amazon Japan reported that a new Shin Megami Tensei RPG is coming to PS3 from Atlus.
    Rumors don't often warrant threads, but I think this one does. The potential of Atlas finally joining the current generation and with a SMT title no less is exciting.

2. Someone in the GAF thread mentioned that Amazon also lists a PS3 Last Remnant port so..

I expect to see a Persona PS3 title before SMT but I'd be happy with either.

3. J-RPGs this gen have kind of just been prettier versions of J-RPGs from last gen anyway though.

4. And thankfully, unlike some other companies *coughNIScough* it's a safe bet that Atlus won't just take lo-res PS2 sprites and toss them into a PS3 game.

Honestly, I think if anything their first HD MegaTen game may indeed be a Persona title, which gets a mixed reaction from me. Persona is my favorite flavor from the SMT brand, but I'm a little concerned with overkill. Plus, I really want them to work on Persona 5 for a while... really deepen the social links aspect, provide for much richer gameplay instead of just basically re-making Persona 3 yet again.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Persona needs to be left alone for a while. None of that nonsense unless they're going to make something completely different again, like the differences between 1, 2, and 3.

Also i'm going to be way snob in spoilers! SOME people here don't even like the Personas before 3, and that SOME people here don't even have interest in Atlus beyond Demon's Souls.
    Donk

6. Such Snobbery!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aghast.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	51449  

7. I don't care if it's Persona or real MegaTen, I want it on my PS3 now.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Someone in the GAF thread mentioned that Amazon also lists a PS3 Last Remnant port so..
    http://na.square-enix.com/remnant/landing.html

They list PS3 on the Square-Enix website also.

As for MegaTen, good, I've been waiting for a new game in the MegaTen proper series.

Just get The Last Remnant on PC. I can't imagine the PS3 port being that much better than the frame dropping and long loading 360 version. It runs at a perfect 60fps on a moderate machine and has a few gameplay enhancements over the 360 version beyond just technical stuff, like no restrictions on how you can form your unions.