Thread: POP3 mail notifier

1. POP3 mail notifier

With my old comp crapping out and me getting a new Dell, I havent installed Trillian Pro. Trillian Pro use to store and check my gmail accounts and pop3. I now use firefox's plugins/addons to check my gmail account.

Now, I'm looking for a program that will check for my pop3 mail account. It doesnt have to be able to open up emails, or any of that stuff. Just need it to notify me if I have new mail. Would be nice if it was attached to firefox but they seemed to not work with higher versions of FF.

BTW, I'm running Vista.

Thunderbird?

3. i believe the windows live mail beta supports pop3. it most certainly supports web mail so i wouldn't imagine it supporting pop3.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Thunderbird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    i believe the windows live mail beta supports pop3. it most certainly supports web mail so i wouldn't imagine it supporting pop3.
    I have Earthlink and they have their own email client. I havent downloaded it as I have been using the webmail version since getting the new Dell. Just trying to find an alternative that will inform me when I get new mail and I will just log into my webmail to check emails.

5. this sounds like a fun little c# adventure

edit: or http://www.eprompter.com/
    Last edited by cka; 09 Oct 2007 at 06:51 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    this sounds like a fun little c# adventure

edit: or http://www.eprompter.com/
    Thanks! Sounds exactly what I needed. I downloaded it and giving it a try right now.

7. What's the difference between POP3 and IMAP? I has iPhone and am trying to set up the emails.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Nevermind. I founds google.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

POP3 is for faggots. IMAP is for ballers.

10. Since this was bumped: That TNL toolbar I fool around with off and on does this. And it gives you an easy link to the board.