Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Home theater/gaming Speaker recommendation

1. Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Yes, HDMI outputs sound but the Pioneer that I purchased has optical and so does my Samsung. Since I dont have the audio adapter for the Xbox 360, the speakers will be connected to my TV. So since the speakers will be connected to my TV, so regardless if I play 360 or watch TV, sound would be coming out of the Pioneer? I just dont want to have to keep unplugging and plugging the optical cable when I want to watch TV and play 360

I'll see if I can get the audio adapter for cheap.
    Yeah, but you won't be getting digital audio unless your TV has an digital out. You might not notice the difference on that kind of a system, but if you want Dolby Digital you'll need to get optical out of the 360. You can probably carve up the 360 component cables so they fit in the port with the HDMI plugged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post

Xbox 360 HDMI cable: New to Xbox 360, HDMI lets you get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound, all from one cable.
    I stand corrected then. I could have sworn I read on NeoGaf or somewhere else some one bitching about not being able to get audio out on their HDMI cable. Guess I was wrong.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Yeah, but you won't be getting digital audio unless your TV has an digital out. You might not notice the difference on that kind of a system, but if you want Dolby Digital you'll need to get optical out of the 360. You can probably carve up the 360 component cables so they fit in the port with the HDMI plugged in.
    My TV has optical digital out. Incase anyone is curious as to what I have, its a Samsung LN-T3253H.

BTW, thanks for everyones info and help.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I stand corrected then. I could have sworn I read on NeoGaf or somewhere else some one bitching about not being able to get audio out on their HDMI cable. Guess I was wrong.
    He was probably in a similar position as bandit, he couldn't get surround because he doesn't have a receiver with hdmi, his tv doesn't have optical out and he doesn't have the adapter.

5. I have optical out on my TV, but it doesn't transfer the signal to the receiver when using HDMI-in. Luckily the PS3 allows separate cables.

6. I'd reccomend Infinity speakers. http://www.infinitysystems.com/home/default.aspx

Somebody gave me 2 of the Alpha 50's, the Beta 50's are what's available now, and they sound incredible. Granted I was going from a $400 Yamaha HTIB.

7. For anyone still looking, I honestly think this is the best buy for an under $200 htib. $179 after rebate for the Logitech Z5500
    http://www.buy.com/prod/Logitech-Z-5.../10380059.html