Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Import Saturn Recommendations

1. Import Saturn Recommendations

Lately, I've looked at my collection of Saturn and thought to myself that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have more import stuff. I mainly interested in Konami stuff like Policenauts, Sexy Parodius and the Deluxe Packs.

Should I get the Parodius Deluxe Pack? Or am I better off getting the Super Famicom of Gokujou Parodius instead (I already have the original Parodius for the SFC)? Darn shame they never made a Contra Deluxe Pack (or even a TMNT one).

I'm also interesting in the Capcom Generations titles, namely Vol. 1 and 4. I already have Vol. 2 and I'm not interested in the Street Fighter one. How does Vol. 3 (the one with Son Son) fare?

Any other suggestions? Keep in mind that I have Silhouette Mirage and Radiant Silvergun too.

Battle Garegga and Dodonpachi are some other shooters worth checking out.

Personally, I'm interested in getting the Sega Ages: Memorial Collections but I doubt most people would care for playing early '80's Sega arcade games.

I would definitely like to get Elevator Action Returns as well since I'm a big fan of the arcade game.

3. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Battle Garegga and Dodonpachi are some other shooters worth checking out.

Personally, I'm interested in getting the Sega Ages: Memorial Collections but I doubt most people would care for playing early '80's Sega arcade games.

I would definitely like to get Elevator Action Returns as well since I'm a big fan of the arcade game.
    I just decided to start picking up some Saturn import games myself, and unsurprisingly, NeoZeed has just listed a bunch of the games at the top of my list.

I love the early 80's Sega arcade games, and I have wanted to play Elevator Action Returns for the longest time. I was just reading reviews of it the other day.

I dunno too much about Dodonpachi, but the games I have heard mentioned alongside it always sound good so sounds good to me... soo...

4. DoDonPachi is my all-time fave shmup, although I hear the PSOne rev is slightly better.

Prikura Daisakusen is unique and crazy fun and Parodius Deluxe Pack is a great package.

And even though it gets mixed reviews, Soukyugurentai is a good one to pick up. Pretty much the only thing I've been playing the past few days.

5. Can anyone recommend any good Saturn import shoppes? Good selection / prices, etc...

6. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Elevation Action 2 runs poorly on my computer, so I guess I better pick-up that one too.

7. Dodonpachi on the Saturn is really shitty compared to the Arcade version. really bad port.

oh and um, pick up Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown Collection, any KoF, and Capcom fighters.

Some other arcade ports I want to check out are-

Night Striker S
    Image Fight/X-Multiply
    Galaxy Force
    Power Drift

Also I heard somewhere that the Capcom Generations series is better on Playstation. Is this true?

9. For something similar in style to Parodius, look for Game Tengoku: the game paradise. One of my favorite shmups. You can't go wrong with batsugun, metal black, soukyugurentai, kingdom grandprix or battle garegga either.

10. Well, I pretty much only imported games that I was playing in the arcades and couldn't get on psx...but, the all ended up being pretty sweet.

X-Men vs Streetfighter
    Marvel vs Streetfighter
    StreetFighter Zero 3
    Vampire Savior
    Dungeons and Dragons

All more or less arcade perfect.